Bringing a Classic Mac Theme to Windows 11

It may look like a Mac, but it's 100% Windows

Tuesday, January 17, 2023 by BradSams | Discussion: WindowBlinds News

Late last year, we brought a new theme to WindowBlinds 11 that we call Windows Classic. For fans of older versions of Windows, this is a great way to experience some of the late 90s style while retaining the modern features that Windows 11 provides.

In the same vein, we have created another new retro style that crosses the OS waters to MacOS. In our latest theme for WindowBlinds, Mac Classic brings back a different sort of retro feel that lets you experience the unique Mac style from yesterday on your Windows 10 or 11 desktop today.

With a flatter design style and monochromatic elements, Mac Classic will certainly have its fans - but we know it’s not for everyone.  That’s the beauty of WindowBlinds, though: there are thousands of themes that you can apply to your desktop to make it a truly personalized experience.

To grab this specific theme, you can download and install the latest version of WindowBlinds 11. If you already have WindowBlinds installed, you can directly download the skin here.

Don’t forget: you can also create your own themes as well with our SkinStudio that comes bundled with every copy of WindowBlinds 11. You can also modify any existing theme from within the WindowBlinds app, too.

As we continue to look for new themes to build for WindowBlinds 11, make sure to let us know in the comments what you would like to see land in our next release. And if you haven't tried WindowBlinds 11 yet, you can download a free trial here.

King990
Reply #1 Tuesday, January 17, 2023 10:32 PM

i just discovered windowblinds 11 when i was looking for a win7 theme for win11.

I havent found this theme yet so i would buy windowblinds immedeatly if it would offer the option to tranform win 11 exactly to win7 with full aero and so on. I would buy start11 too.

so i would suggest this for the next skin release

basj
Reply #2 Tuesday, January 17, 2023 10:48 PM

Have you tried looking for it here: https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/search/windows+7. Below is what I can get from WB11  vs what Win 7 actual look. I am on Windows 10 on WB11 with "7 for 10" by 20f3.

Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant

winstar4
Reply #3 Wednesday, January 18, 2023 10:46 AM

Hi King990,

I have several Windows 7 themes in my library of Screenshots. The programs and items needed to create the themes are listed with each Screenshot. Also, I have many Mac themed screenshots for those who are interested. The programs and items needed to create those themes are listed as well.

King990
Reply #4 Wednesday, January 18, 2023 4:29 PM
@Basj I currently have win7 installed, but I want to upgrade to 11 soon, so I can't test
it yet. a friend has already switched and has the same problem as me, he would also
like to keep the win7 interface. he told me today that he test windowblinds11 currently
and has applied the 7 to 10 theme as it seems to be the only one that comes close to the
original. But he has problems with win11 when displaying the explorer and too much
blur with the aero effect. Apparently the skin is only optimized for win10...

@winstar4

can you please give me a link to your win7 conversation for win 11? i am having trouble
finding this. But please a version that is as exact as possible like the standard
original win7 with aero.

winstar4
Reply #5 Wednesday, January 18, 2023 5:18 PM

@King990 Here is a link to my library list. Just scroll through until you find the ones you like. I do have one named "Windows 7 Aero". However, it is highly customized. I don't think that is what you are looking for. I haven't customized in years, so my old customizations probably won't work for you. I will look to see if I can find anything for you. Good luck.

| WinCustomize.com

JanOscar
Reply #6 Wednesday, January 18, 2023 5:37 PM

Here is a little bit more user friendly link to winstar4's posts : [Link]

King990
Reply #7 Thursday, January 19, 2023 12:40 PM
Thank you both for the links to the topics, but as winstar has guessed,
these are not my cup of tea. I would like to use a win7 ''out of the
box'', just the normal standard version without any changes.
From my point of view, the best basis for window blinds
would be to have a professionally created version of
each of the much-used Windows versions, such as xp,
7, 8.1 and 10.

c242
Reply #8 Friday, January 20, 2023 4:30 AM

So instead of bringing modern designs that fully support darkmode we now have a myriad dead OSs mimiks that only look right in light mode? WB has no value to me anymore if I have to look at grey, light blue and white all over.

Note: If this again gets deleted like the last time I am gone. If critics on that release-politics (boring retro all over) is not allowed, this is not my place to stay.

c242
Reply #9 Friday, January 20, 2023 4:33 AM

P.S: I wouldn't have a problem with the retro trend if there was only one built-in theme supporting darkmode. But there isn't.