1px gap between button background and frame top edge

Saturday, September 18, 2021 by retiredmaster | Discussion: Curtains

Just wondered if anyone can tell me why there is a 1px gap between the top of the button background and the top of the frame, when I'm expecting the button background to fill the whole area (ie it doesn't have any gaps in the image). I would expect the button bacground would be stretched to fill the frame top completely - seems to fill to the L and R and bottom edges ok. Have I missed a setting or this a bug? Or is there an extra 1px edge around the frame top?

A tiny thing but a tiny bit irritating.

curtains frame gap

basj
Reply #1 Saturday, September 18, 2021 10:59 AM

Hello,
I have forward your problem/question to Stardock Support Team for their assistance. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates. We appreciate your feedback and patience.

Basj,
Stardock Community Assistant

adni18
Reply #2 Saturday, September 18, 2021 3:52 PM

How about the position of the buttons in pixels from the top edge?

retiredmaster
Reply #3 Sunday, September 19, 2021 11:00 AM

adni18

How about the position of the buttons in pixels from the top edge?

Is that a request for a new setting for that, or is that an existing setting I've missed?

adni18
Reply #4 Sunday, September 19, 2021 11:04 AM

I didn't noticed that you were talking about Curtains, I thought it was a Windowblinds problem...

sdRohan
Reply #5 Monday, September 20, 2021 3:15 PM

A tiny thing but a tiny bit irritating.

Is this from a specific skin in Curtains or one you yourself have created?

Sean Drohan
Stardock Support Manager

retiredmaster
Reply #6 Friday, September 24, 2021 8:36 AM

Hi Sean, this is in two of my skins where the button backgrounds are 'full size' (ie no space around the images) - Fathom, and Calm...

Thanks

danioc
Reply #7 Friday, September 24, 2021 10:33 AM

Hi there Mister, long time no see!

Curtains has two way of editing the titlebar buttons

1 - Using the Buttons section: this method is more limited and will mostly change the basics of how the Windows buttons look.

2 - Using the Advanced Section: Here you need to edit the code by hand but you can change the position and experiment with some of the WB code.

Please notice that there is separated sections for the buttons background and glyphs, but you can use 1 other them or booth, depending of the design you have in mind. Using glyph only will limite the buttons size because of an Windows limitation.

Regads,

Dani

retiredmaster
Reply #8 Friday, September 24, 2021 11:30 AM

Hi Dani.. Good to see you hope you are doing ok.

Thanks for that info. I noticed, and I've used, the Advanced sections - pretty used to those from WB. I will keep tweaking and see whether I can fix it. It might be useful if there was a list of valid parameters for each section..??