Hidden spam on skin comments

skinners, check your skins

Saturday, September 11, 2021 by 2of3 | Discussion: Forum Issues

I've just noticed that quite a few of my skin comments have hidden links in them. Looks like a clever bot has included a link to a seemingly innocent comment. The link text is white, so it doesn't show up unless you mark the text.

I will send a PM to a mod to get the comments removed on my own skins, but y'all should look at your own.

AzDude
Reply #1 Saturday, September 11, 2021 2:19 PM

If you see any Spam in your comments just PM a link for each one to a Mod for removal ..

2of3
Reply #2 Saturday, September 11, 2021 2:40 PM

AzDude

Which I have done (to you)

The only reason I have bothered to write a post about it is because the links are not visible (white text on white background) so they look like harmless positive comments. Wanted to warn other skinners to check their own skin comments.....

AzDude
Reply #3 Saturday, September 11, 2021 3:33 PM

OK, Spam Deleted ..

next time though send to one of the Skin Mods, who can delete and then Ban them also ..

2of3
Reply #4 Saturday, September 11, 2021 4:10 PM

AzDude

Noted (although it's not always clear who's who here)

AzDude
Reply #5 Saturday, September 11, 2021 4:16 PM

I.D ..Jafo. Hankers best bet

Jafo
Reply #6 Saturday, September 11, 2021 9:53 PM

Yes...send them to myself, Hankers or Island Dog [in that order ideally] as the spam removal isn't sufficient...the spammer also needs to go and it can be an issue [judgement call] of inadvertent spam-looking posts from a legitimate customer/user...not a 'regular' spammer...