Thursday, August 6, 2020 by Tatiora | Discussion: Groupy News
Stardock Releases Groupy v1.4
Brings Improved Tabbed Experience to your Windows Desktop
Version 1.4 adds support for new Curtains app,
expands max tabs, and makes other major improvements.
Stardock has released a new version of its popular Windows desktop app, Groupy, today. With Groupy, you can organize multiple apps into grouped tabs on your desktop, making finding what you need while you work easier than ever. Version 1.4 improves the grouping user experience by adding several new features and taking into account user feedback to create an overall better user experience.
NEW Groupy v1.4 features
- Curtains style support
- Automatically selects suitable colors when using a Curtains style without custom Groupy parts
- Expands max tabs in a group from 25 to 50
- Tab bar remains dark in all apps for foreground state when in dark mode
- New "close all" button added on the far right of the tab (must be in tabs above mode and tab bar set to fill full width)
- Enables additional functionality for middle mouse-button in Explorer (open folders as new tabs like in a web browser)
- New option for using ctrl+tab for tab switching (access on advanced options page)
Groupy works on Windows 10, 8, and 7. Once installed, creating groups with the app is simple: drag a window to another window, which combines into a single window, with tabs showing in the title bar. To ungroup apps, drag the tab off the group.
You can also create saved groups of apps and sort tabs by task or function easily. Once a group is created, quickly switch between different windows using a hotkey or clicking on the tab. Groupy can automatically add launched programs into an existing tab group.
For a full list of new features and improvements in v1.4, view the change log here.
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!