Is CursorFX not showing the last theme in the directory?

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 by DaveRI | Discussion: CursorFX

Win10 v1909 build 18363.778
CursorFX v4.03

It seems CursorFX Config consistently isn't showing the last theme in the directory. I can compensate for it by copying/renaming a theme to plug the end of the directory:

AzDude
Reply #1 Tuesday, April 21, 2020 6:08 PM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Mine seem to be all there starting with # A-W

Maybe try reinstalling or Purge and re install https://forums.stardock.com/485856/cursorfx-support-faq

AzDude
Stardock Community Assistant

DaveRI
Reply #2 Tuesday, April 21, 2020 11:07 PM

Tried the purge, didn't fix it.  This time I also cleared out the theme directory before installing and checked the installed themes immediately after installing while still in the Admin user.

If it's just me, I'll throw the plug theme in there and move on. (I tend to use a lot of Duct tape, too    .)

Thanks for looking at it.

sdRohan
Reply #3 Friday, April 24, 2020 11:42 AM

Dave,

For any that is missing, if you re-download any Cursor in question, double click to install, does it then show in the UI?

Sean Drohan
Stardock Support Manager

DaveRI
Reply #4 Friday, April 24, 2020 1:05 PM

I think you're misunderstanding.  It's not that I'm missing various cursors (as far as I know),  it's that the very last cursor in the themes directory isn't showing in the configuration list.  In the first screenshot above. I have 3 themes in the directory and only the first two show - the last one doesn't.  The last ones in the other two screenshots don't show either.

When I first saw it I fooled with it a bit, moving a few batches in and out, whatever the last theme happened to be it never showed.  It does seem to be consistent.

It could just be on my machine, but it does seem like an odd thing to be machine-specific.

Thanks.

DaveRI
Reply #5 Friday, April 24, 2020 1:46 PM

To more directly answer you're question I just now did a little experiment, thought it might be worth a try-

I deleted my last "real" cursor (Ying-Yang) from within CusorFX config, then deleted my "ZPlug" theme within Explorer, then downloaded Ying-Yang and installed the theme with a double-click.  Still didn't show within config.  Copied my "ZPlug" theme back and Ying-Yang shows.

RedneckDude
Reply #6 Friday, April 24, 2020 6:14 PM

Hmmm, same issue here.

LightStar
Reply #7 Saturday, April 25, 2020 12:34 AM

The last cursor showing in my CursorFX list is Rubberish, but in the Themes folder there are 2 more, Smoke trail and Volcano Lava V.2 and neither of those are showing on the list. There are 22 cursors in my list, but 35 in my themes folder.

DaveRI
Reply #8 Saturday, April 25, 2020 2:38 AM

You should see Volcano Lava, that would be an example of what I'm describing.

"Smoke trail" is a trail, so you wouldn't see it in the cursor list, it's in the trail list.  The trails and effects have .CursorFX files so that would be a lot or all of your difference.  I don't really know exactly how many of them there are.

Thanks guys, good to know it's not just here.

DaveRI
Reply #9 Saturday, April 25, 2020 4:59 AM

LightStar

There are 22 cursors in my list, but 35 in my themes folder.

Got tired of wondering:

LightStar
Reply #10 Saturday, April 25, 2020 9:07 AM

OK, I thought they were all cursors Dave, learning...

DaveRI
Reply #11 Saturday, April 25, 2020 1:43 PM

Ya it started nagging at me some and I decided I'd be better off to just go through them and nail it down.

sdRohan
Reply #12 Monday, April 27, 2020 11:04 AM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

I was able to repro this and bugged it internally.

Internal ref: ODNT: 573

Thank you for the report, DaveRI.

Sean Drohan
Stardock Support Manager

DaveRI
Reply #13 Monday, April 27, 2020 2:18 PM

Thanks Sean.

RedneckDude
Reply #14 Thursday, April 30, 2020 9:04 PM

Meantime, I took the last cursor, copied elsewhere, added a letter so as to make it the last cursor, copied it back. now the last one that didn't show does.

sdRohan
Reply #15 Friday, May 1, 2020 9:19 AM

RedneckDude

Yeah, one could do that, with the last one renamed to zzSomething.CursorFX - so its always last - and it would be a workaround.  Not an elegant one but...

Sean Drohan
Stardock Support Manager

RedneckDude
Reply #16 Friday, May 1, 2020 9:51 AM

Hey Sean, since when was this redneck ever elegant?   It does work.

sdRohan
Reply #17 Friday, May 1, 2020 10:53 AM

RedneckDude

Hey Sean, since when was this redneck ever elegant?   It does work

Touche

Sean Drohan
Stardock Support Manager

DaveRI
Reply #18 Friday, May 1, 2020 12:59 PM

Don't have to be a redneck to do such things   :

DaveRI

RedneckDude
Reply #19 Friday, May 1, 2020 10:43 PM

I missed that Dave. So you beat me to it.

DaveRI
Reply #20 Saturday, May 2, 2020 12:30 AM

Yep, I go for the Duct Tape pretty quick sometimes.  I keep a roll of it right there about a foot from my elbow, know exactly where it is.  (Seriously, it's right there.)