Position for Startorb (Win10)

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 by Kasjopaja | Discussion: Beginners

Heyho.

Im currently create my own Vista theme for Windows 10. It will not be released, casue im using multiple parts from different themes, they are not supported anymore. Most of them are really old.

My current Problem is i got a working basement but i dont get it how to configure the startorb to look correctly.

On my screenshot you see hes to deep (Smallicons). on Large Icons he looks good. Please ignore the fact, thats a wrong startbutton by itself. I tryed with multiple ones.

Current Look:

Wanted Look:

The theme i edit is based on Aero Ultimate Final. Its for XP i guess, but its working fine so far. Only the startbutton is not "Original".

I hope someone can help me.

DaveRI
Reply #1 Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:27 PM

The over-sized start button extending above the taskbar isn't supported on Win10.  If you would prefer that it is centered, cut off on both the top and the bottom, this setting should do it:

Otherwise I'm afraid it's either a smaller start button or a taller taskbar.

Kasjopaja
Reply #2 Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:58 PM

Ah i see, i fugured out that i can setup a Glow overlay wich gives them then the rest of the orb on top of the startbar. Thanks a lot for your help. togehter with your tipp i guess i will manage this. Thanks a lot.

DaveRI
Reply #3 Tuesday, April 14, 2020 4:43 PM

As far as I know the startbutton glow gets positioned inside the taskbar as well on Win10.  If there's a way to get around that, I'd love to know.

Kasjopaja
Reply #4 Tuesday, April 14, 2020 11:26 PM

I guess youre right. I have no idea. I just saw this on the preview inside from skinstudio. hmm then i need to use something like start 10 or something.

DaveRI
Reply #5 Wednesday, April 15, 2020 1:10 AM

Start10 won't have any effect on the button's being confined within the tasbar.

Kasjopaja
Reply #6 Wednesday, April 15, 2020 1:22 PM

Well you again right ^^. I have no idea, sry.. Ok. I managed now a Startorb. I used the original "full" orb from a vista on a VM. I like it. Its not the way i want it, but i dont want also to edit System files to use a modded mystyles. Thanks a lot for your help. Im still working on navigation bar and frames to get it as close as possible.