Rainmeter Weather is broken

All that work for nothing

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 by Chasbo | Discussion: OS Customization

Well the weather feed for Rainmeter appears to be broken. I haven't got any solution. It's very frustrating as I've been very active in creating Weather for Rainmeter lately. I hope either the feed is just temporarily down or someone comes up with a fix for the code.

Chasbo
Reply #1 Wednesday, January 15, 2020 11:31 PM

Until there's some sort of solution I'm going back to Xwidget for my weather widgets.

Vad_M
Reply #2 Thursday, January 16, 2020 5:01 AM

RIP WEATHER WIDGETS

I think this is the end of the weather widgets era. You may check this link: wxdata.weather.com.

So any widgets that uses xml feeds from weather.com (DX, Rainmeter, etc...) will not work from this day. And we are unlikely to wait for a solution to this problem...

Chasbo
Reply #3 Thursday, January 16, 2020 5:53 AM

XWidget weather is working fine. Cannot upload to WC. For personal use only, for now.

Vad_M
Reply #4 Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:03 AM

Thank you! But it useless for me... I need more detailed weather data like 10 days/night, hour-by-hour (up to 48 hours), weather maps, moon phases, etc... So, I'll try to explore the capabilities of MSN Weather. Their service seems pretty powerful and still free.

Chasbo
Reply #5 Thursday, January 16, 2020 9:47 AM

Vad_M

I understand. Your Weather widgets have been the most detailed that I've seen.

bdp514am
Reply #6 Friday, January 17, 2020 1:41 AM

have you looked at weather unlocked  It's not 10 day hour by hour, It is 8 day every 3 hours.  Currently trying to use it to patch the weather skin I have on my system right now.

Gaspershooters
Reply #7 Friday, January 17, 2020 4:07 AM

Vad_M

Just wait at few days the service may come back later. About October of last year,same thing happened,"deprecated.....",then few days later,it was back.

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Friday, January 17, 2020 9:51 PM

Wonder what Jorge uses with Winstep Weather?

RedneckDude
Reply #9 Friday, January 17, 2020 9:56 PM

It works fine for Winstep. Maybe Jorge is paying?

Chasbo
Reply #10 Saturday, January 18, 2020 3:16 AM

RedneckDude

It works fine for Winstep. Maybe Jorge is paying?

and XWidget weather works fine as well.

I'll be slowing down on Rainy and Rainmeter widgets in general because I can't afford to buy every Master Skin that's released.

DaveRI
Reply #11 Saturday, January 18, 2020 4:04 AM

RedneckDude

Wonder what Jorge uses with Winstep Weather?

If Weather.com fails it pulls from MSN.  If you hover over the module so that the additional info pops up, it shows you the source it's using.  At the moment it looks like it's using MSN.  Jorge describes the hoops he's jumped through in reply#25 here (October):

Dcrew57
Reply #12 Saturday, January 18, 2020 10:50 AM

I can confirm it is broken on the weather gadgets i have made as well.

Chasbo
Reply #13 Saturday, January 18, 2020 11:28 AM

I got Super Duper Weather!!!

RedneckDude
Reply #14 Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:20 PM

Wow, that's big!  Xwidget?

Chasbo
Reply #15 Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:31 PM

RedneckDude

Wow, that's big!  Xwidget?

Yes Sir it is. Just mucking about.............

JohnBurns
Reply #16 Sunday, January 19, 2020 3:21 PM

Is there a solution for Rainmeter?   My Rainmeter skins by xenium still seem to be working, evidently knows and uses a different service.     And, XWidget  weather skins are still working for me.  So hopefully Rainmeter will solve the problem soon.

Chasbo
Reply #17 Sunday, January 19, 2020 5:47 PM

What's frustrating to me is that XWidget weather is working just fine. XWidget uses Accuweather. I understand why we can't post XWidget widgets on WC. I have no idea how that deal could work. It won't ever happen.

ALMonty
Reply #18 Sunday, January 19, 2020 7:49 PM

Here's an explanation and some skins that have been re-coded to work with the Weather Channel.

RedneckDude
Reply #19 Sunday, January 19, 2020 7:56 PM

Thanks monkeyman!!   This is good news!

Chasbo
Reply #20 Sunday, January 19, 2020 9:49 PM

ALMonty

I've been following that forum. So far it doesn't help me fix what needs to be fixed for the 16 weather widgets I've recently uploaded. I've looked at the new coding and it's way different from what was. Mine would have to be completely reworked. If the wxdata feed doesn't come back in a few days I'll just pull those 16 weather widgets. Going forward I'll see if they can be rebuilt. I'm not holding my breath that the wxdata feed will return.