Download limit for deskscapes?

Sunday, November 17, 2019 by RangeDoc | Discussion: Forum Issues

I just got hard limited on the amount of dreams for deskscapes that I can download from wincustomize.

Please tell me this is in error. I would never have purchases such a product if there was a limit to the amount of files I can download. I never experienced this with objectdock icons, so I had no reason to think it would occur with dreamscapes.

basj
Reply #1 Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:59 PM

Hello,
I have forwarded your questions/problems to the Stardock Support team for their assistance. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates. We appreciate you feedback and patience.

Basj
Stardock Community Assistant.

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Sunday, November 17, 2019 10:23 PM

Those that are current members (paid subscription) of WinCustomize.com and customers who have an ObjectDesktop subscription which has not expired have unlimited downloads from the galleries. Otherwise there is a download limit of 500MB. If either of those situations applies to you then I would email support@stardock.com and have them look into it.

Quoting Hankers from another thread, link below.

sdRohan
Reply #3 Monday, November 18, 2019 9:17 AM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Please create a ticket here:

Sean Drohan
Stardock Support Manager

RangeDoc
Reply #4 Monday, November 18, 2019 5:39 PM

submitted.

RangeDoc
Reply #5 Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:57 PM

Is this a complicated topic to take care of? Because it seems like it wouldn't take too long to solve.

I purchased the software. This either entitles me to more downloads than the general public or it doesn't.

RedneckDude
Reply #6 Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:08 PM

RangeDoc, do you have a paid subscription to WinCustomize?  Or an ObjectDesktop subscription?

If yes, then you have an issue. Otherwise I answered you in reply #2.

RangeDoc
Reply #7 Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:28 PM

You mean like this post in that thread?

"When you purchase an application you get 1 year of unlimited downloads.  After that the download caps for WinCustomize go back into place."

Well as I stated in this thread, I purchased an application.

So explain to me why I don't have unlimited downloads?

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:28 PM

You have a good point. I'm sure support will take care of you.

I was trying to help while you wait for them. They get busy sometimes.

I hope you get this sorted.

AzDude
Reply #9 Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:30 PM

Hello,

I have forwarded your report to the Stardock support team for their review and recommendations.

Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates.

We really do appreciate your feedback, thanks.

AzDude
Stardock Community Assistant

sdRohan
Reply #10 Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:41 AM

Please create a ticket here:

submitted.

The last ticket I have from your @hotmail address was 865 days ago.

Which points to why the problem may be (and why I asked you to create a ticket). If you ordered OD recently, it was not under your @hotmail address (what your profile here is under).

After some creative searching, it's because you purchased under your @live.com account.  I have merged it under your @hotmail.com account.

Clear your browser cookies and try again, please...

Sean Drohan
Stardock Support Manager

RangeDoc
Reply #11 Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:55 PM

sdRohan, I run firefox, set to delete all cache upon exit, every time. I tried 3 or 4 times with the same result.
I also tried internet explorer, and I even logged onto my vpn, and in every instance it said the same thing, that I had exceeded my download limit.

I'll try again right now, and report back shortly.

RangeDoc
Reply #12 Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:58 PM

ugh. same thing.

Download Unsuccessful

Reasons:
  • You are currently at your download limit. (63781637 / 52428800)
sdRohan
Reply #13 Thursday, November 21, 2019 11:21 AM

RangeDoc

ugh. same thing.

It is a cookie issue, I have am certain about that...

If you open a private / incognito window and try, does it work then?

Sean Drohan
Stardock Support Manager

RangeDoc
Reply #14 Thursday, November 21, 2019 4:27 PM

It's not possible for cookies to affect two different browsers.

And what cookie could limit this anyway? I didn't download any of these files until after my purchase. So there is no download limit cookie that should have been set yet. If any cookie should have been set, it should have been via the purchase.

RangeDoc
Reply #15 Thursday, November 21, 2019 4:31 PM

This is from a private session, just now:

Download Unsuccessful

Reasons:
  • You are currently at your download limit. (58907761 / 52428800)
AzDude
Reply #16 Thursday, November 21, 2019 4:41 PM

Try it using Chrome bowser incognito window

and see if that works .

T-Man
Reply #17 Friday, November 22, 2019 9:16 AM

RangeDoc,

Since, sdRohan has merged your two accounts together,  your current login may be not be acting correctly.  Please go to WinCustomize home page, Logout and Re-Login.  Hopefully that will fix your download cap for you.

RangeDoc
Reply #18 Saturday, November 23, 2019 10:47 PM

And I am logged on via firefox regular window, and the downloads are finally working.
And to everyone who commented on the cookies, this was never a cookie issue. It is not physically possible for this to be a cookie issue. I tried IE, I tried Firefox... I already explained to you all that I have cookies set to delete after each session. And do you know why I know that it works? Because I have to logon to every single website, every single time I logoff of firefox. My browser saves NOTHING.
This was on the server end, not mine.