Fences fails to work with any newly installed truetype fonts.

Friday, May 31, 2019 by NjnaG | Discussion: Fences

Greetings,

I was just building out a new PC and installed fences on it and wanted to customize it a bit.  I installed about 200+ TT fonts.  I started going through them and after the first 30 gave up as they all respond with this same error shown in the screenshot above.  I've seen this issue mentioned here and there in other threads.  Is there any time frame to have TT support fully implemented?

AzDude
Reply #1 Friday, May 31, 2019 6:04 PM

Hello,

I have forwarded your report to the Stardock support team for their review and recommendations.

Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates.

We really do appreciate your feedback, thanks.

AzDude
Stardock Community Assistant

basj
Reply #2 Friday, May 31, 2019 9:24 PM

Hello,

My guess is that those are not really truetype fonts. From my digging. I found this : https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2521341

Basj,

Stardock Community Assistant

NjnaG
Reply #3 Tuesday, June 4, 2019 10:38 AM

Well if that's the case and otf fonts are masquerading under the .ttf file extensions then I guess I'd like to request that Fences support the full range of windows fonts.  I can send samples if needed.  I specifically went and got those fonts due to the claims of them being TTF and to use with Fences.

basj
Reply #4 Tuesday, June 4, 2019 10:48 AM
I have forwarded your request to the Stardock support team for their review and recommendations. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates. We really do appreciate your feedback, Thanks.

Basj
Stardock Community Assistant
NjnaG
Reply #5 Monday, September 14, 2020 8:44 AM

Ping

NjnaG
Reply #6 Tuesday, May 25, 2021 10:33 AM

Just checking back again for any status on either exclusion of incompatible fonts from the selection list or full windows font support.

sdRohan
Reply #7 Tuesday, May 25, 2021 2:38 PM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

NjnaG

Can you indeed provide a link?

Sean Drohan
Stardock Support Manager

NjnaG
Reply #8 Wednesday, June 23, 2021 2:42 PM

Sure.

Here's one of the fonts (of many) that just don't work.

Link to DAFont for Base02 TTF font.