DeskScapes 10 Release Version

Can't!

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 by RedneckDude | Discussion: DeskScapes

Guys, support, I simply just can't run the new DS 10.  My main monitor blurs every time I change a WB skin  primary screen only, the other 2 stay fine.   If I'm not running a Dream, all 3 screens go black when loading a WB.  None of this happened before going to the DS beta 3, then the relese.

Honestly, I dunno if it's DS or WB.

RedneckDude
Reply #1 Wednesday, May 1, 2019 8:22 PM

Can someone please hook me up with a bat file for removing DeskScapes and WindowBlinds?

AzDude
Reply #2 Wednesday, May 1, 2019 9:20 PM
RedneckDude
Reply #3 Wednesday, May 1, 2019 10:13 PM

Thanks Mike!

sdRohan
Reply #4 Thursday, May 2, 2019 8:59 AM

Honestly, I dunno if it's DS or WB.

Or something else entirely (3rd party app or setting).  Let us know how the purge works.

----------------
Sean Drohan
Stardock Customer Service Manager

RedneckDude
Reply #5 Thursday, May 2, 2019 12:44 PM

sdRohan

Or something else entirely (3rd party app or setting). Let us know how the purge works.

I get that statement, but nothing has changed except the new DeskScapes. It started with beta 3.  No other apps/settings have been installed/made.

I'll let you know. Been to Dr.  Haven't had time yet.

RedneckDude
Reply #6 Thursday, May 2, 2019 1:15 PM

Ok, as I think I experienced last time I used your purge.bat file. I ran it as admin, it didn't remove DeskScapes. It was still in the context menu, still in all programs.  So, I ran it twice more. Rebooting each time. I thought the purge file was supposed to force the reboot, but that didn't happen. It was still listed as installed in my uninstaller program, which I used to finish the purge file's job.  We shall see what's next.

Edit:  Even after all the above, DeskScapes remained in the context menu, and on reinstall, the app knew where my user defined dreams folder was located and all my dreams were in the config. Which, in my mind, means it never got purged fully to begin with.

Guys, how can one put faith in a program when even your debug/purge file doesn't work as it should?  Just asking.

RedneckDude
Reply #7 Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:12 PM

Ok, both WB and DeskScapes are now  reinstalled, again. Issues not changed except that now loading a WB make all 3 screens (dreams) go blurry.

I give.

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:18 PM

sdRohan

Honestly, I dunno if it's DS or WB.

----------------
Sean Drohan
Stardock Customer Service Manager

FWIW, this same issue is happening on my laptop which has a fresh ( as in 2 days old ) install of Windows 10 Pro on it.  nVidia 1050 Ti 4 GB, core i7, 16 gb ddr4 ram.

AzDude
Reply #9 Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:31 PM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Can I check something and see if it makes a difference .

Go to your DS settings and change to a Direct Show setting if it's set to Media Foundation,

and see if that makes a difference , and report back please .

AzDude
Stardock Community Assistant

Neil Banfield
Reply #10 Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:34 PM

When you say blurry, do you mean blurry over your desktop icons, or blurry that can appear over other windows.

Are you running Fences?

If so go to the settings page in DeskScapes and turn off the setting to have DeskScapes take over the blur option in Fences.  Then reboot.  Any better?

S J N
Reply #11 Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:01 PM

OK. I installed ds 10 over beta3. Wrong. Uninstall DS b3. Run purge. Deleted all references to DS. Rebooted.

Installed DS 10. Rebooted. OK. I did however deactivated DS as a service. Now the only thing wrong is after rebooting is when I right click on desktop I get a blank white screen. Then I go to MY wallpapers and set as Background.

Guess I'll have to live with this. DS8 never gave me a Blank white or black desktop

sdRohan
Reply #12 Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:20 PM

RedneckDude

Along with what Neil suggested, and if it continues with his recommendation, some video would be welcome.

----------------
Sean Drohan
Stardock Customer Service Manager

AzDude
Reply #13 Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:24 PM

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Would you try changing your settings in DS10 as shown above in Reply #10

see if that makes a difference and report back here please ,

Thanks .

AzDude
Stardock Community Assistant

Neil Banfield
Reply #14 Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:12 PM

Why did you deactivate DS as a service?  It MUST be set to enabled.  Otherwise DeskScapes will only load on a right click and if you have Fences may well cause the two to get upset with each other.

S J N
Reply #15 Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:33 PM

Neil Banfield

Quoting S J N,

I can click on the context menu, & the start menu icon and DS starts without the service

sdRohan
Reply #16 Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:37 PM

Please, for all testing, always have the service running.

----------------
Sean Drohan
Stardock Customer Service Manager

RedneckDude
Reply #17 Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:45 PM

Neil Banfield

Are you running Fences?

Fences?  Yes.

Blurry as in the entire screen is blurry without any open windows.

I will try the fix.

RedneckDude
Reply #18 Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:45 PM

AzDude

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Can I check something and see if it makes a difference .

and see if that makes a difference , and report back please .

Reduced 61%
Original 1080 x 790

AzDude
Stardock Community Assistant

If that was for me, no help. Thanks, Mike.

RedneckDude
Reply #19 Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:57 PM

Ok, I did what Neil said.  Now the 2 secondary screens/dreams stayed perfect, the main monitor is black. No blurriness now.

This is upon loading a windowblind.

Laptop working fine now.  One screen only.

Neil Banfield
Reply #20 Thursday, May 2, 2019 5:03 PM

what version of Fences are you using and what version of Windows are you using?