Creating a DeskScapes question

Monday, January 21, 2019 by ALMonty | Discussion: DeskScapes

I have a .MP4 file that I want to turn into a DreamScape, but the DreamMaker says it will only accept .MPEG, .MPG, .WMV or .AVI files. I used an online converter to change the file format. I changed it to an .AVI and Dreammaker told me it was too large at 238mb it said it accepts 150mb. So I tried it again with the .WMV format and it came out to be 2.51gb. The .MP4 is 126mb, my question is how do I convert the .MP4 to an acceptable format and be small enough to use as a DreamScape?

AzDude
Reply #1 Monday, January 21, 2019 2:13 PM

Hello,

2 things Al,

If you just want to play your video as video using Deskscapes then it will have to be a WMV format

which can be a large file size depending on length of the video, trim the video down in size to stay

under 150 MB's. WMV file will use 2 to 3 times the CPU usage than a AVI file.

If you actually want to make it into a dream file format then you want to do it as a AVI file. AVI will

be a much lower file size and cpu usage . Now try your video at full length and if still over the 150 mb size

then again you will have to trim it down,

You can use any video editing program to trim the video down in length if needed.

TRY This Free  Converter ( I use it sometimes ) http://www.converterlite.com/

this converter will probably keep your video at 150 or less as an AVI file, try it and see.

Looping is another story but if it's just for you no biggie.

If all that fails just send it to me and i'll make it for you , LOL

I actually use up to 5 different converters depending on special needs

like Quality , maintaining looping etc.

AzDude
Stardock Community Assistant

ALMonty
Reply #2 Monday, January 21, 2019 3:01 PM

I tried Converterlite it still made the video 261mb. It is a looping video it’s used for a program like Deskscapes it’s called Rainy Live Wallpaper Engine. I downloaded the video from DeviantArt and I wanted to use it for Dreamscapes. Here’s the link to it https://www.deviantart.com/jimking/art/Blinking-Wave-781782616

AzDude
Reply #3 Monday, January 21, 2019 3:35 PM

OK AL,

I downloaded the video and I'll see what I can do with it hang loose

till I get back to you , I'll PM you with an update soon.

ALMonty
Reply #4 Monday, January 21, 2019 4:01 PM

AzDude
Reply #5 Tuesday, January 22, 2019 10:46 AM

Hello Al.

I played around but in the end I had to edit the video size

down a bit to fit as a dream format , came out pretty good.

PM your email address and i'll send you a Dropbox Link back

to download the Dream File " Blinking Wave "

AzDude
Stardock Community Assistant

ALMonty
Reply #6 Tuesday, January 22, 2019 3:55 PM

Thanks Az. I sent you a PM.

AzDude
Reply #7 Tuesday, January 22, 2019 4:07 PM

Sent you the link , let me know if you get it OK

ALMonty
Reply #8 Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:02 PM

I got it. Thanks Mike. Had a hard time getting it, I'm not signed up with DropBox but I guess I am now.

I thought I could do this my self. Messing with video files is not my is not easy for me. And thanks for Converterlite it will come in handy.

AzDude