Start10: Tiles without text ?

Feature suggestion

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 by c242 | Discussion: OS Customization

Hi,

it would e a nice feature to be able to hide the icon-text when in tile mode in Win7 or Modern Startmenu. That way Start 10 should also resize the menu.

adni18
Reply #1 Thursday, June 21, 2018 12:28 AM

Hi c242,

Try the great freeware  TileIconifier

c242
Reply #2 Thursday, June 21, 2018 2:25 AM

My Problem is, that in the real Win 10 Startmenu the Tileconifier modded icons on the tiles disappear any other restart leaving the shortcut blank.

So I got back to Start 10. I really don't like the still inconsistent mess Microsoft did with tiles and icons. An unmodified native win 10 startmenu looks like crap with mixed tiles and old icons.

I would prefer this just without text and less spacing:

basj
Reply #3 Thursday, June 21, 2018 5:06 AM

Hello,

I have forwarded your request to the Stardock support team for their review and recommendations. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates. We really do appreciate your feedback, Thanks.

Basj

Stardock Community Assistant

adni18
Reply #4 Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:19 AM

I had the same problem c242, but there is a very easy fix.

The problem is the windows explorer and not the TileIconifier.  Just hit control-shift-esc, opens the Task Manager, (having at least one explorer window open), select "Windows Explorer" and then click on the button, in the bottom right area, that says " "Restart" and voila in one second Start Menu Tiles are again perfect!

c242
Reply #5 Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:37 AM

Hello,

I have forwarded your request to the Stardock support

Thanks, will do.

c242
Reply #6 Thursday, June 21, 2018 12:51 PM

adni18

I had the same problem c242, but there is a very easy fix.

I don't want to have to restart Explorer to make it work again...

adni18
Reply #7 Thursday, June 21, 2018 4:58 PM

I don't want to have to restart Explorer to make it work again...

You are welcome!

c242
Reply #8 Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:40 PM

Any news here ?

John Smithetc
Reply #9 Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:02 AM

?

basj
Reply #10 Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:34 AM

Any news here ?

Nothing yet, that I know of.

Basj,

Stardock Community Assistant

adni18
Reply #11 Sunday, August 12, 2018 10:01 AM

There is perfect solution, with TileIconifier and something else, just search Google and you may find it as I did.