Can't add a comment to a skin

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 by JcRabbit | Discussion: Forum Issues

I'm trying to add a comment to a Winstep theme posted on the Winstep section here:

Unfortunately every time I click the Submit button the page simply refreshes (a # character being added to the URL in the address bar) and my comment doesn't get posted. I'm properly logged in and I don't see any error message. Tried it in Firefox and in Chrome with the same results.

What's going on?

LightStar
Reply #1 Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:46 PM

The site is messed up as usual JC, just have to wait I guess.

You might try logging out and back in and see it that helps though.

JcRabbit
Reply #2 Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:56 PM

LightStar
You might try logging out and back in and see it that helps though.

Thanks LightStar. I did that when I switched to Chrome though. Didn't help. Sigh.

Reply #3 Wednesday, October 5, 2016 2:03 PM

LightStar

The site is messed up as usual JC, just have to wait I guess.

Not messed up in the least. WC has been undergoing maintenance on and off for the past two days with various parts being "up" fully or partially...not "as usual".

JcRabbit
Reply #4 Wednesday, October 5, 2016 3:07 PM

You were right, Doc (of course! ). Just succeeded in adding that comment.

LightStar
Reply #5 Wednesday, October 5, 2016 3:30 PM

Maintenance notice said between 6 and 10 AM on Oct 4th and 5th. JC posted at almost 2 PM, so I assumed the site was messed up again Doc. Glad that problem is at least fixed now.

BassdudeNZ
Reply #6 Monday, October 24, 2016 11:06 PM

I'd like to lknow where the link in my login allows me to delete some work I PUT UP.

RedneckDude
Reply #7 Monday, October 24, 2016 11:13 PM

BassdudeNZ

Go to your profile. Then choose My Skins. There should be a list, and in the list are the delete links/buttons.

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Monday, October 24, 2016 11:14 PM

BassdudeNZ
Reply #9 Monday, October 31, 2016 2:29 PM

Guess what I have visitor status and had since I paid to join. I appreciate you trying to help, at least I prefer to believe that is what it is, but that does not exist in my profile and NEVER has.

DaveBax
Reply #10 Monday, October 31, 2016 2:46 PM

end a ticket into support. Only send one in and wait for the response. You will get an auto response then real one when it's looked at.

Neil Banfield
Reply #11 Monday, October 31, 2016 2:47 PM

BassdudeNZ

What is the link to the content you put up?

mrs_starkers
Reply #12 Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:18 AM

I have all 3,  dont track me,ghost finder ublock and ad block no problems here , and I don't have any trouble commenting on any skins ... there must be a conspiracy going on  here lol

BassdudeNZ
Reply #13 Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:01 AM

@DaveBax - Dave I am not on that much anymore. Jabo knows and has the info in both a personal email and in a forum PM email. If he logged on as me which an admin can do if he cannot they could see for himself.

I do however have the ability to prevent further notices from appearing in my email so that I will do.  Besides, this thread is like a broken record for me. For me anyway

Thanks for helping.

Jafo
Reply #14 Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:55 AM

BassdudeNZ ....you clearly are not at 'Visitor' level otherwise you could not be posting comments here.

See replies #7 and #8 for how/where to access skin deletion.

Skin commenting can be and often is affected by Ad Blockers as cookies are required by the site to ascertain that comments have been made.