Rip or R.I.P gadgets / Widgets ??

Sunday, November 1, 2015 by neophil78 | Discussion: Life, the Universe and Everything

Hi all,

Where have been stored the RIP (or R.I.P 2007 ?) gadgets / widgets ? which i used at least for calendar in there : https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/screenshots/21453/ :

Can't find on Wincustomize and it it was a premium suite where to download it again (not appearing in my Stardock account ... )

Thanks in advance

BigDogBigFeet
Reply #1 Sunday, November 1, 2015 4:35 PM

Did you check theme manager library.

"Note:  You must have the latest version of Theme Manager from Stardock Central to use this suite."

I was able to locate it by clicking my name then Subscriber Only Skins.

neophil78
Reply #2 Sunday, November 1, 2015 6:51 PM

BigDogBigFeet

Did you check theme manager library.

Huuuuummmmmmmffffffffffffff ????

Can't find anything about RIP neither on Wincustomize neither on my Stardock account

DaveRI
Reply #3 Sunday, November 1, 2015 7:01 PM

On the forum page that you're looking at right now, Click on your user name up at the very top right of the page - next to the "All" button by the search box.

A very brief profile page will appear.  In the middle of the page is a small list: Member Since, Last Seen, User Level, Subscriber Only Skins [Click on that]. You'll go to your subscriber skin page.

If it's a .suite or .theme files, after you download the theme, you can right-click and "open with" WinZip or such, or rename the extension to ".zip" and open it to extract the pieces you want - the suite files are just zip files with a different extension.

Sorry for my lack of screenshots.

RedneckDude
Reply #4 Sunday, November 1, 2015 7:50 PM

DaveRI is correct. WTG, Dave!

neophil78
Reply #5 Sunday, November 1, 2015 9:27 PM

DaveRI

Sorry for my lack of screenshots.

Don't know if i'm from FRANCE (of becauze off my add-ons anti-Pubs/and so Firefox) but i don't get what you mentionned

BTW, on my subscribe Page, i don't get anything more for RIP   [e digicons]:'([/e]

JuniorCrooks
Reply #6 Sunday, November 1, 2015 10:00 PM

I am going to make some screenshots neophil78 to make it easy for you. Just give me a few minutes.

JuniorCrooks
Reply #7 Sunday, November 1, 2015 10:03 PM

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Sunday, November 1, 2015 10:46 PM

Good show, Ken!  Pics are worth 1000 words!

JuniorCrooks
Reply #9 Sunday, November 1, 2015 10:52 PM

RedneckDude

Good show, Ken!  Pics are worth 1000 words!

thanks Jim

neophil78
Reply #10 Monday, November 2, 2015 1:10 PM

JuniorCrooks

Reduced 61%

Original 983 x 630

Here's what's i only get :

Visionner l'image

neophil78
Reply #11 Monday, November 2, 2015 1:39 PM

OOooooppppps i just thought i didn't renew my Wincustomize subscription. BTW, i also thought that Object Desktop Subscribers don't have to ...

Though i manage to get the RIP 2007.suite, renamed it as RIP 2007.zip to extract gadgets but the clock gadget doesn't work and i don't know why

Is there a special place to bring the gadgets under Seven pro ? Doesn't work neither from C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\Object Desktop\DesktopX\Gadgets\RIP 2007 Clock\RIP 2007 Clock.exe and neither from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Stardock\DesktopX\Gadgets\RIP 2007 Clock\RIP 2007 Clock.exe

Weird !!!

RedneckDude
Reply #12 Monday, November 2, 2015 2:27 PM

neophil78

thought that Object Desktop Subscribers don't have to ...

Pretty sure in order to get WinCustomize benefits one needs a subscription.

One should really archive one's apps and themes, etc.

neophil78
Reply #13 Monday, November 2, 2015 3:06 PM

Any idea why the RIP 2007 clock gadget don't work ?

RedneckDude
Reply #14 Monday, November 2, 2015 3:10 PM

OS? 64 bit?

neophil78
Reply #15 Monday, November 2, 2015 6:14 PM

Seven Pro 64 bits (french )

Uvah
Reply #16 Monday, November 2, 2015 6:33 PM

Isn't the gadget part of DX? Or is that the widget?

neophil78
Reply #17 Monday, November 2, 2015 9:15 PM

Not a Widget but a gadget (done by Stardock) coming with the RIP 2007.suite

DaveRI
Reply #18 Monday, November 2, 2015 10:24 PM

fwiw this one doesn't run on my Win7-64 either.  I haven't fooled around with the clocks much on Win7, but at one point I did try a few and I noticed that in general some work and some don't.  The ones that don't seem to come up with the correct time initially but then the hands don't move - probably what you're seeing.  So it wouldn't appear to be a French o/s thing.

RedneckDude
Reply #19 Monday, November 2, 2015 10:36 PM

It's running for me on Win10 x64.  I'll check Win 7 x64 and get back.

neophil78