OS Customization Sells Itself with Great Content

Seeing is Believing

Saturday, December 14, 2013 by BigDogBigFeet | Discussion: OS Customization

So I did some holiday shopping on Cyber Monday and picked up a great HDD from Newegg.

It was an OEM drive so I decided to take my Windows 7 PC to my local PC Shop for the install.  I currently run WindowBlinds, IconPackager, WindowFX 5, DeskScapes 8, DesktopX and Fences.

I had DeskScapes running with the fantastic Dream InsidiOS by ChaNinja and Windows Aero Midnight.  Fences has the Icons hidden.

Well the install went well and both Techs commented on the DeskScapes theme.  They just had to know where I got it and how can they find it on the Web.  I gave them all the Object Desktop essential info.  They sold themselves on it by seeing it.

Stardock you have to find ways to get more people seeing your stuff.

WebGizmos
Reply #1 Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:46 PM

I agree BDBF...any time I'm in a store selling pc's I always ask if they've ever seen any of this stuff...most of the time they haven't...and when they do they all love it.

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:54 PM

I was at my local PC shop the other day, checking the trade in value of my laptop, and they went crazy over Windowblinds and WinFX.

They thought it was so cool.

I filled them in, with a link to my site, as well....lol.

Destrohelix
Reply #3 Sunday, December 15, 2013 7:33 PM

it would be great if its available n local stores and i will buy it.but i think the price would be double if happen.

Phoon
Reply #4 Sunday, December 15, 2013 8:39 PM

RedneckDude
I filled them in, with a link to my site, as well....lol.

Ahhh, so the weight loss has allowed you to kiss your own butt without throwing your back out!!! Excellent!!

Reply #5 Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:35 PM

Weird, same type of experience with my HDD as well.

Seems to me that the place to sell is at the OEMs and corporations...but then, SD knows this.

RedneckDude
Reply #6 Sunday, December 15, 2013 11:09 PM

Phoon

Quoting RedneckDude, reply 2I filled them in, with a link to my site, as well....lol.

Yeah, but I miss the way you kiss it, so I'm saving it for you.

Phoon
Reply #7 Monday, December 16, 2013 7:56 PM

RedneckDude
Yeah, but I miss the way you kiss it, so I'm saving it for you.

Oh now that is just below the belt!!!

LightStar
Reply #8 Monday, December 16, 2013 8:25 PM

I had a Comcast Support Technician take over my PC the other day to work with my router settings trying to get the xBox One Multi-Player mode working, and he was very impressed with Windowblinds, so I told him where to get it.  He said he would definitely go have a look.

Funny thing is, he could not fix the problem, so I just did a hard reset on the router, and guess what... everything worked! My son is elated.

Hint to Stardock... start selling packaged products at stores... end hint.

Snowman
Reply #9 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:04 AM

LightStar
Hint to Stardock... start selling packaged products at stores... end hint.

No real need for hard copies. Just slap up some demo computers in shops "around the globe". Put leaflets with all needed online info beside the computers, and Bob's your uncle. Job done.

Leo the Lion
Reply #10 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:20 AM

I had the same experience whilst working on my laptop in an airport lounge a few years back...........It started with a couple of people glancing over my shoulder and saying 'How do you make it do that'..............

Jafo
Reply #11 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:49 AM

Leo the Lion

To which you replied..."well ....as long as I keep my knees together it just sort of.....sits there....on my lap...."...

ElanaAhova
Reply #12 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:29 PM

Did they lap up your story?

BigDogBigFeet
Reply #13 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:51 PM

Whose? Mine no, they were too busy getting to www.wincustomize.com

RedneckDude
Reply #14 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:58 PM

Phoon

Quoting RedneckDude, reply 6Yeah, but I miss the way you kiss it, so I'm saving it for you.

Oh now that is just below the belt!!!