WindowBlinds 7.9x (WB 8) Beta Issue Thread

If you have a problem, post it here!

Monday, May 20, 2013 by Island Dog | Discussion: Stardock Support General

As you probably know, we have released the WindowBlinds 7.90 beta today.  Please use this thread only to report any issues that you come across that you'd like to report.

Note: Current beta is only for active Object Desktop subscribers.  Info about upgrades for current WindowBlinds (non-Object Desktop) customers will be available at a later date.

When posting to this thread please provide as much information as possible.

Things that help:
  • What OS are you using, Windows 7 or Windows 8?
  • A screenshot of the issue if possible
  • x86 or x64
  • Name/link to skin if applicable

Wizard1956
Reply #1 Monday, May 20, 2013 5:18 PM

From the other thread:

Maximized windows lose frame transparency. Using the WB Fire, or Laguna for instance. The title bars flatten out and lose transparency.

Windows 8/64, any window.

doctorx
Reply #2 Monday, May 20, 2013 5:21 PM

I am too getting the windowsblinds does not seem to be installed correctly.  I rebooted, reinstalled, etc. I so much looked forward to this, i am bummed.

win8 x64. nvidia titan

Your computer has a Windows Experience Index base score of 7.7
Your Windows Graphics Experience score is 8.3

WindowBlinds version : WindowBlinds 7.90 (008 - Windows 8 Edition) - 64 bit OS

WindowBlinds is not installed correctly on this PC. If you did not reboot after installing WindowBlinds 8 for the first time, then please reboot and try this again.

(Generic PnP Monitor) 1 is attached to NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN
(Generic PnP Monitor) 2 is attached to NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN

Wblind.dll 2013/05/20 10:43:ll
Wblind64.dll 2013/05/20 10:43:48
Wbsrv.dll 2013/05/20 09:18:07
WB8Config.exe 2013/05/20 11:03:20
Wbload.exe 2013/05/07 12:30:24
Wbhelp.dll 2013/04/18 13:51:37
Tray.dll 2013/04/18 13:51:19
Wbload.dll 2013/05/20 09:18:39
Screen.exe 2013/05/09 13:07:23

tried to post screenshot... but failed.

Neil Banfield
Reply #3 Monday, May 20, 2013 5:22 PM

Wizard1956

From the other thread:

Windows 8/64, any window.

I suspect this may be normal for the skins?  Maximized windows use different frame images and skin authors often make these less transparent.

EDIT: I just checked.  It is certainly normal for the Laguna skin, so I suspect it is normal for both.

AceMatrix
Reply #4 Monday, May 20, 2013 5:24 PM

I was able to get the Explorer background function to work after a reboot, but I am still unable to create or add my own custom explorer backgrounds from the "create texture" button. It takes me to my texture folder and when I click on the image it just reverts back to the texture options and won't add or create. Here is my System info. -

Your computer has a Windows Experience Index base score of 5.9 Your Windows Graphics Experience score is 6.9

WindowBlinds version : WindowBlinds 7.90 (008 - Windows 7 Edition) - 64 bit OS

WindowBlinds is installed correctly on this PC

(AOC 2752Q) 1 is attached to NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Wblind.dll      2013/05/20 11:43:ll Wblind64.dll      2013/05/20 11:43:48 Wbsrv.dll      2013/05/20 10:18:07 WB8Config.exe      2013/05/20 12:03:20 Wbload.exe      2013/05/07 13:30:24 Wbhelp.dll      2013/04/18 14:51:37 Tray.dll           2013/04/18 14:51:19 Wbload.dll           2013/05/20 10:18:39 Screen.exe      2013/05/09 14:07:23

thanks.                      -- Ace --

WB8Config.exe 2013/05/20 11:03:20
Wbload.exe 2013/05/07 12:30:24
Wbhelp.dll 2013/04/18 13:51:37
Tray.dll 2013/04/18 13:51:19
Wbload.dll 2013/05/20 09:18:39
Screen.exe 2013/05/09 13:07:23

tried to post screenshot... but failed.

If you run services.msc, do you see Stardock WindowBlinds listed?  Does it say if it is running?

plywood99
Reply #6 Monday, May 20, 2013 5:41 PM

Reposting this from a different thread:

Sadly the beta works not so good for me.

I choose a skin, and when I press apply my screen starts blinking constantly like it's trying to apply the skin but never fully doing it. Just keeps blinking.

Eventually it will stop blinking but the skin is not applied properly. Windows borders look likes Classic style, and the taskbar simply remains the same.

Windows 8 Pro 64bit.

Doing more testing to see if I can narrow down what's causing it.

doctorx
Reply #7 Monday, May 20, 2013 5:46 PM

yes... it says it is running.

doctorx
Reply #8 Monday, May 20, 2013 5:48 PM

oh... i have start8, decor8, and modernmix installed too.

Neil Banfield
Reply #9 Monday, May 20, 2013 5:49 PM

doctorx

yes... it says it is running.

Do you have any anti virus / anti malware software running?

and do you have a file called wbcore.exe in your WindowBlinds directory?

NetBadger
Reply #10 Monday, May 20, 2013 6:04 PM

Just so we all are on the same page, are you completely uninstalling Windowblinds 7, before installing the beta?

doctorx
Reply #11 Monday, May 20, 2013 6:17 PM

not sure if that was for me or not... fresh install...

doctorx
Reply #12 Monday, May 20, 2013 6:18 PM

Neil Banfield

Quoting doctorx, reply 7
yes... it says it is running.

Do you have any anti virus / anti malware software running?

and do you have a file called wbcore.exe in your WindowBlinds directory?

yes... but never caused a problem before... yes there is a wbcore.exe

doctorx
Reply #13 Monday, May 20, 2013 6:20 PM

doctorx

Quoting Neil Banfield, reply 9

Quoting doctorx, reply 7
yes... it says it is running.

Do you have any anti virus / anti malware software running?

and do you have a file called wbcore.exe in your WindowBlinds directory?

yes... but never caused a problem before... yes there is a wbcore.exe

isnt there supposed to be a tray icon?

Neil Banfield
Reply #14 Monday, May 20, 2013 6:21 PM

doctorx

Quoting Neil Banfield, reply 9

Quoting doctorx, reply 7
yes... it says it is running.

Do you have any anti virus / anti malware software running?

and do you have a file called wbcore.exe in your WindowBlinds directory?

yes... but never caused a problem before... yes there is a wbcore.exe

Which AV do you have?

doctorx
Reply #15 Monday, May 20, 2013 6:27 PM

Neil Banfield

Quoting doctorx, reply 12
Quoting Neil Banfield, reply 9

Quoting doctorx, reply 7
yes... it says it is running.

Do you have any anti virus / anti malware software running?

and do you have a file called wbcore.exe in your WindowBlinds directory?

yes... but never caused a problem before... yes there is a wbcore.exe

Which AV do you have?

eset 6

LightStar
Reply #16 Monday, May 20, 2013 6:33 PM

Just curious, is it possible now to delete the skins that come with WB8 if you don't want them with repercussions? There arre some skins I will never use and since the rating system is gone how does one remove them?

plywood99
Reply #17 Monday, May 20, 2013 6:55 PM

I notice that the systray icon never appears. I have notifications set to show all systray icons to.

In Task Manager the only Windowblinds related process running is the Service.

Uvah
Reply #18 Monday, May 20, 2013 7:13 PM

I found that LS. In the upper left click on the tiny arrow. A drop down box opens and lets you delete the skins you don't want.

DaveBax
Reply #19 Monday, May 20, 2013 7:51 PM

plywood99

I'm just throwing this out there. I was always told when you uninstall Windowblinds always make sure you set the skin to the default "Windows Classic" now uninstall.

Then install Windowblinds and choose your skin.

LightStar
Reply #20 Monday, May 20, 2013 8:21 PM

I knew that Ross, what I am trying to find out is if I delete the skins that are included with WB8, will there be problems? In know it caused some issues in WB7 if you deleted certain skins.  Are there certain skins that must be left in WB8 for functionality?