Cell Phones I have owned

Saturday, December 22, 2012 by 2of3 | Discussion: Mobile Tech

1998:

Motorola d520 This was a gift from a friend who was tired of not being able to get a hold of me.

1999:

Motorola M3188 Oooo cool flip cover over the number pad

1999:

Nokia 8210 So tiny and cute (mine was blue)! Sold this to a friend (sucker) and was able to afford these 2 phones with the money:

Nokia 6210

Nokia 3330

2001:

Siemens ME45 Needed a robust phone for work.....thing was nearly indestructible and waterproof! It fell out of my pocket and was lost one day so I bought:

2002:

Nokia 6610 My first with a color screen. Mine was silver, not black.

2004:

Nokia 7610 I wanted the silver one but the store only had the black and red one in. Really funky design on this one

2006:

Nokia N73 Music edition (I never knew what the diff was, really)

2011:

HTC Desire S Gave this to my mother-in-law

2013:

HTC One Just got it and it's AMAZING!

2015:

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact Black. Loving it!

starkers
Reply #1 Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:18 AM

HTC Desire S This is my current phone....still works and I can't justify buying a new phone yet.

I almost bought one of these a few months ago... wish I had when I think of the Telstra POS I ended up with.

However, I now have the Nokia Lumia 820 and couldn't be happier, so the one I almost got and the one did got don't matter anymore.

Wizard1956
Reply #2 Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:24 AM

I'm still using the Nokia Tracfone I bought in 2005 or 2006.

starkers
Reply #3 Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:53 AM

Wizard1956
I'm still using the Nokia Tracfone I bought in 2005 or 2006.

Well that's a step up from the 2 cans on a string you were using before.

So things in the hills are looking up, then?  Must've been when you tried adding a second string and a third can as an extension to your mother-in-laws and realised it didn't work.

Oh well, it was probably for the best.  Had the neighbours tripped over it they could have sued your ass big time.

So how's that Nokia Tractorfone going... and is that the battery or the wind-up version?

Wizard1956
Reply #4 Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:01 PM

Rubber band powered. I tried Carrier Pigeons once.....they were delicious.

2of3
Reply #5 Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:54 PM

That was a nice walk down memory lane for me

Reply #6 Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:23 PM

Mine...

LightStar
Reply #7 Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:30 PM

That is one high-tech set of cans Doc!

starkers
Reply #8 Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:07 PM

Wizard1956
Rubber band powered.

Oh yeah, the old rubber band trick, eh!

Me, I skipped that model, went straight to the hamster in a wheel one... not that it impressed me for long.

Damned thing stunk of rodent after a while and wasn't something you'd wanna put in yer pocket.

mrs_starkers
Reply #9 Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:33 PM

mine

mine

mine My boss had one of these for work  bloody clunker of a thing

my boss gave me this one when I left

Jafo
Reply #10 Saturday, December 22, 2012 6:26 PM

second

then a few junky ones...

one before last..

Current.

I still have all of these...though I 'fell' on the 8200 whilst riding...so it's NQR hence getting the 8700...

RedneckDude
Reply #11 Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:49 PM

My current. Samsung Galaxy Proclaim.

neone6
Reply #12 Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:00 PM

Lantec
Reply #13 Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:04 PM

Interesting to look back....I still have most of mine. Tossed the 3310 (POS) and accidentally destroyed the Blackberry 7730

First Phones:
Nokia 6110
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6510

Smartphones:
Blackberry - 7730
Windows Mobile 5 - Cingular 2125 (HTC Faraday) *FAVORITE
Windows Mobile 6 - AT&T Tilt (HTC TyTNII)
Blackberry - Curve 8530

Current:Windows Phone 7.5 - Sprint Arrive (HTC 7 Pro)

Protoplazm
Reply #14 Monday, December 24, 2012 10:17 AM
Protoplazm
Reply #15 Monday, December 24, 2012 10:17 AM

MadDeez
Reply #16 Monday, December 24, 2012 11:21 AM

let's see........there were.......

a sony ericsson Z520 (may have been a Z525) (loved that phone)

then a motorola razr (hated it)

then a SE W600 or something like that (it had a walkman built into it)

a SE W580

one with windows mobile 6 on it (i think it was an htc)

a blackberry pearl

a blackberry curve

a nokia faux iphone

back to the curve

an iphone 3s

an iphone 4

an iphone 4s

and now a nokia lumia 920 (to paraphrase tony the tiger, "it's grrrrreat!)

Timmaigh
Reply #17 Monday, December 24, 2012 4:38 PM

i started with Panasonic

then moved to Sony Ericsson, i would even say i was fanboy, as they were the only phone manufacturer to produce aesthetically pleasing phones for a while, i still have sweet spot for the t68 and have it somewhere...

and now i have  iPhone 4s  white...

2of3
Reply #18 Monday, March 25, 2013 6:13 PM

My next phone:

As soon as I can get my hands on the thing (the release date for Norway keeps getting pushed)

RedneckDude
Reply #19 Monday, March 25, 2013 8:01 PM

georgiejudd
Reply #20 Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:15 AM

Im using Net10 Samsung phone. I love it! Small & handy & AFFORDABLE!