Has anyone been able to install any version of DestopX lately?

Pro or regular?

Monday, November 5, 2012 by Gollums | Discussion: DesktopX

I have been struggling with trying to install DesktopX after a recent rebuild of my Win7 Pro system. I have tried from both the Stardock Central app and the downloaded installer from my account. I have tried both the regular and the professional version (I have purchased the professional, and have OD.) Everytime I try to install it says the serial number isn't correct. (I have even tried swapping them up to see if maybe the stored serial numbers were wrong, you know pro and regular!)

They just won't install. Has anyone els run into this, or should I open a ticket with Stardock? It seems a shame to let my purchase go to waste so I thought I would try out some new DX stuff again, but I can't get it to install.

Wizard1956
Reply #1 Monday, November 5, 2012 10:06 AM

With questions/concerns regarding your account, especially when serial numbers are involved, the best thing to do would be to fire off an email to support.

As for the DX installs, I know several people who have recently installed both the Pro and the ODNT versions without any problems. You may have an older serial number which you'll need to get updated.

Gollums
Reply #2 Monday, November 5, 2012 3:01 PM

Okay, I will contact Stardock then. Thanks for the reply.

RedneckDude
Reply #3 Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:11 AM

Just installed DesktopX on Windows 8.

Uvah
Reply #4 Tuesday, November 6, 2012 12:31 PM

Does it work?

RedneckDude
Reply #5 Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:19 PM

Yes, and I can make sidebar gadgets again!!  YAY!!!!

DArnaez
Reply #6 Friday, February 22, 2013 2:44 AM

I don't understand what is happening. I was having the same problem. I uploaded a ticket and after a couple days waiting they send me a new serial number that finally it works. Now I was happy until I discover a new problem. THE SCRIPTS ARE NO WORKING ANY MORE!

c242
Reply #7 Friday, February 22, 2013 5:09 AM

Let's face it like it is : DesktopX development is DEAD. I moved on to XWidget.

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Friday, February 22, 2013 7:21 AM

RedneckDude
Yes, and I can make sidebar gadgets again!!  YAY!!!!

Nope. Can't.

DArnaez
Reply #9 Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:01 AM

Nireen000
Reply #10 Thursday, September 5, 2013 6:23 AM

Hi   Curious, did it work well on Windows 8? I want to know, because I am thinking of getting it for my pc.

Kathryn.

RedneckDude
Reply #11 Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:18 AM

[quote who="D. Arnaez" reply="9" id="3358241"]
Hey C242... let me ask you... it works the Desktopx scripts on XWidget? I'm thinking that may be I could do scenarios for that program.[/quote]

DesktopX (VBS) scripts do not work with XWidget. If I'm not mistaken, XWidget uses xml files.

Nireen000

Kathryn.

DesktopX is no longer available to new customers. If you have it archived, use the 3.96 beta. 3.5 Pro does not work on any OS. 3.5 non pro may work for you.