Tuesday, April 24, 2012 by LoosGuccreen | Discussion: Stardock Support General
First of all, sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker (blah blah), I do the best I can. Anyway.
So, I'm posting here because I have a small SSD (120Go) for my system (and a huge one for my data (2To on RAID5)), and I found out that the Stardock .dreams and .wb stuff were pretty heavy.
5.5Go are used for "extracted data" (on \ProgramData\Stardock\DeskScapes\ExtractedData), and again 7.8Go are used on \Users\Public\Documents\Stardock, 1.9Go for WindowBlinds and 5.2Go for DeskScapes (and 500Mo for IconPackager).
It does that 19 Go are used, which is really huge on a 120Go disk.
So, I would like to know 2 things:
1) May I delete the ExtractedData (or the files on \Users\, I don't know which one is used by DeskScapes)? What's the point of having twice the same files? Are they really both used?
2) The Stardock stuff really doesn't need to be placed on a SSD. The wallpaper routine is just useful once in a while (and it doesn't matter if it's 0.034 ko/s slower to load, seriously), and I don't even speak of the WindowBlinds stuff, which is loaded only when I want to change the theme (which occurs... Once every two month at maximum).
So, is there a way to move the Stardock stuff and say it to the concerned softwares ? (I don't know, registry edit? Something like that? I can't find anything on the options, but maybe I did not well looked)
I really do like the Stardock softwares (even if, IMHO, they could really be improved), however it really pisses me off to have 20Go used on my SSD for that, when I have a waaaaay more pertinent 2 To nearby.
Thanks a lot.
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!