DesktopX Won't Load (solved)

Ver 3.96 Beta

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 by RedneckDude | Discussion: DesktopX

OK, guys, last night I shut my PC down, desktopx was running fine.

Today, I get an error and DX will not load.

Win 7 64 bit

DesktopX Pro 3.96 Beta

Log Name:      Application Source:        Application Error Date:          2/29/2012 12:02:46 PM Event ID:      1000 Task Category: (100) Level:         Error Keywords:      Classic User:          N/A Computer:      sevensixtyfour Description: Faulting application name: DesktopX.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ed3d7a1 Faulting module name: DesktopX.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ed3d7a1 Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x0003455c Faulting process id: 0x10ac Faulting application start time: 0x01ccf703f2ccac20 Faulting application path: C:\PROGRA~2\Stardock\Object Desktop\DesktopX\DesktopX.exe Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~2\Stardock\Object Desktop\DesktopX\DesktopX.exe Report Id: 337dfb20-62f7-11e1-abc7-00038a000015 Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">   <System>     <Provider Name="Application Error" />     <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>     <Level>2</Level>     <Task>100</Task>     <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>     <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-02-29T17:02:46.000000000Z" />     <EventRecordID>5057</EventRecordID>     <Channel>Application</Channel>     <Computer>sevensixtyfour</Computer>     <Security />   </System>   <EventData>     <Data>DesktopX.exe</Data>     <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>     <Data>4ed3d7a1</Data>     <Data>DesktopX.exe</Data>     <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>     <Data>4ed3d7a1</Data>     <Data>c0000409</Data>     <Data>0003455c</Data>     <Data>10ac</Data>     <Data>01ccf703f2ccac20</Data>     <Data>C:\PROGRA~2\Stardock\Object Desktop\DesktopX\DesktopX.exe</Data>     <Data>C:\PROGRA~2\Stardock\Object Desktop\DesktopX\DesktopX.exe</Data>     <Data>337dfb20-62f7-11e1-abc7-00038a000015</Data>   </EventData> </Event>

Sorry for the formatting.

ZubaZ
Reply #1 Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:52 PM

What has changed on your system since last you ran DX?

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:37 PM

Nothing. I shut down last night with DX running fine. Boot up today and DX errors on me.

RedneckDude
Reply #3 Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:04 PM

Zubaz, I reinstalled. No good. I manually took DX out of the registry, ran Advanced System Care Pro and cleaned the registry and installed DesktopX Pro 3.96 beta and all is well now.

I must have had a corrupted dll or something.

Rosco_P
Reply #4 Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:49 AM

RedneckDude
I must have had a corrupted dll or something.

Been letting the Sith use your computer again?  If I've told you once...

RedneckDude
Reply #5 Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:03 AM

boldyloxx
Reply #6 Sunday, March 25, 2012 7:19 PM

I have a feeling you experienced corrupt windows files as I had.      This just happened to me while installing some icon packages and logon studio files.    My screen went dark then came back up- then when I clicked on the programs to install- they refused to install and I would get the error message: "'file system error 65535" each time I tried to open the file, the program itself, or even when attempting to re-install Icon Packager and Logon Studio.

The issue was not with these programs, but with my computer and I -- as I knew I had to have corrupted one of the system files while trying to install a new skin from a  disc I have.

In a panic, I googled the error message and came up with this following forum site that had a simple solution that worked:   http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/7721500094536967274

"...Sounds like you have some corrupt windows files. I think you may also have a black logon screen and problems running programs as an administrator.   To solve this issue, first, boot your computer in Safe Mode. Do this by pressing F8 before the Windows Logo shows up during boot-up. Then, run Command Prompt as an Administrator (found under Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories - right click and select Run as administrator). Then all you have to do is type this:   sfc /scannow  (Space in between sfc and the /)   Then press Enter and the computer will fix itself. This is called the System File Checker Tool and it checks all Windows files for any corrupt or missing ones...."

Apparantly, this sometimes happens with Windows 7 and Vista, judging by the forum comments.    I couldnt go on safe mode so I simply tried it off of safe mode. and it really did work for me...

Boldy

BigDogBigFeet
Reply #7 Sunday, March 25, 2012 9:51 PM

wow boldyloxx.  Ah, I think he already solved this one about 3 weeks ago.  The clue here was "DesktopX Won't Load (solved)" as the title.