Windows 7 to Vista skinning

A guide on how to change the visual style of windows 7 to windows Vista.

Sunday, March 6, 2011 by theumad | Discussion: Tutorials

Links:

UXTheme Patch

Windows Vista Style

Visit my blog for more: http://theumad.co.nr/

Check my dA page for support: theumad

BoXXi
Reply #1 Sunday, March 6, 2011 5:38 AM

Why would I want a UX theme patcher when I have WindowBlinds?

theumad
Reply #2 Sunday, March 6, 2011 12:16 PM

BoXXi
Why would I want a UX theme patcher when I have WindowBlinds?

Do note that not everyone has WindowsBlinds.. plus, I prefer to patch UXTheme since windows blinds used to have some bugs on my PC, apart from taking up extra resources.

Philly0381
Reply #3 Sunday, March 6, 2011 12:22 PM

If you use UXTheme Patch is it easy to go back to using the OSs interface?

Snowman
Reply #4 Sunday, March 6, 2011 3:01 PM

theumad

Most be an ancient piece of shit computer you're using there, Bubba.

Uvah
Reply #5 Sunday, March 6, 2011 3:18 PM

Here's anothewr answer for theumad. I have windowblinds on a laptop. A recent looksee by me and WB takes up all of 3% of available resources and that's running one of the heaviest blinds, No Load Limit. So I can imagine what a really powerful rig would experience.

theumad
Reply #6 Monday, March 7, 2011 12:40 PM

Philly0381
If you use UXTheme Patch is it easy to go back to using the OSs interface?

Yes, the UXTheme patcher can resotore to the original windows files since it backs up the files.

Snowman

Quoting theumad, reply 2

Most be an ancient piece of shit computer you're using there, Bubba.

I run a Core i7 920

Well, it did take up to 50-100MB of RAM sometimes, however the most frustrating thing I used to experience was a bug with the progress bar where putting a window on top of a progress bar made the progress bar move forward and then I removed the window from on top of the progress bar, then the progress bar would return to its proper size.

theumad
Reply #7 Monday, March 7, 2011 12:43 PM

Philly0381
If you use UXTheme Patch is it easy to go back to using the OSs interface?

Snowman

Quoting theumad, reply 2

Most be an ancient piece of shit computer you're using there, Bubba.

I run a Core i7 920