Start menu user account picture

Sunday, January 16, 2011 by JuniorCrooks | Discussion: OS Customization

I have been using NoUserPicture.exe for a long time to remove the start menu user picture and it has worked well. For those who may not be familiar with this it is just a small little .exe program that removes the picture from your start menu by clicking it or placing a shortcut in your startup folder. I had used this on my last 2 Windows 7 computers but for some strange reason it will not work on my new system which also has Windows 7. It is just a small thing I guess but I like my start menus without the user picture.

Has anyone figured out a way to do this or is there some registry tweak that will? If this has been answered already then just direct me to the proper post.

Xiandi
Reply #1 Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:25 PM

You can easily get rid of it if you have skinstudio.

Edit start menu and taskbar/edit start menu/top part/extra settings tab...just turn it off

JuniorCrooks
Reply #2 Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:28 PM

Thank you Xiandi. I do have it and never thought to try it there. I will give it a whirl. is that just for per skin basis or will it effect all my blinds?

Xiandi
Reply #3 Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:41 PM

It only works on the skin you are altering, so you'll have to do it for each one. The advantage is that it's permanent (unless you change it back again), you're not going to have to rely on another program to make it happen.

bk13GarbageMan
Reply #4 Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:47 PM

Would be cool if there was an on/off switch in WB for this.

JuniorCrooks
Reply #5 Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:06 PM

Thanks again. It is not a big deal to have to do it for every skin or at least I do not mind. I think it would be possible to have a setting in skinstudio or even windowblinds to make that thing go away for good.

karmat
Reply #6 Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:05 PM

Thanks to Cindi for giving that tip before, that's the first thing I do when I download a new blind, thank god for that setting!

RedneckDude
Reply #7 Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:11 PM

This would need to be a control in Windowblinds config. I hope Neil will hook us up.

However, there are some skins with a gap in the start panel for the user icon. They may look funny with no icon.

Reply #8 Monday, January 17, 2011 1:18 AM

Just run the tool here as an "Administrator" (yes, you can type in "Jafo" )

Although you might be running into the problem you're having because it might only work on Aero (not another skin) and it might only work in English.

JuniorCrooks
Reply #9 Monday, January 17, 2011 1:39 AM

Hey Doc. thanks for that but I had no luck with that one either. The one I mentioned use to work on everything including WB. I use it on my other 2 computers with no problem but for some reason it will not work on this new computer. I also just noticed my Aero themes are not working in windowblinds. Not sure if it is related.

I will just keep doing it in skinstudio until there is a better solution.