Theme Manager not showing installed applications

Saturday, November 27, 2010 by Ladysarajane | Discussion: Theme Manager

I am running Windows XP and I have Theme Manager 3.00..057(x86) installed. When I run Theme Manager and click on applications it tells me I do not have Deskscapes installed and Logon Studio installed and I do have them currently installed.

When I click to install it via Theme Manager, it opens Impulse and Impulse shows that I have those programs already  installed.

How do I get Theme Manager to see the installed software?

Seattle1101
Reply #1 Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:48 AM

I have the same problem with Windows 7! No response yet, as far as I can see.

Philly0381
Reply #2 Tuesday, November 30, 2010 12:07 PM

I'm running Win 7 64 bit and Theme Manager shows all the installed applications.

You should probably email support@stardock.com and start a ticket.

Ladysarajane
Reply #3 Wednesday, December 8, 2010 9:41 AM

Thanks. I have submitted a ticket and hopefully soon, I will get an answer for this annoying problem.

Ladysarajane
Reply #4 Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:52 AM

UPDATE: Support had me install the beta version of Theme Manager and now it shows DeskScapes as being installed. Still working on the LogonStudio problem. Will update again when I have more info on that one.

Apparently Impulse is telling me now that LogonStudio is not for my Operating System, although I downloaded it via Impulse and I can run the program without problems if I run it via the program itself and not via Impulse.

I am running XP and it is supposedly for XP, Vista/Windows 7. Not sure why it is suddenly decided it cannot be ran on an XP system.

DaveRI
Reply #5 Tuesday, December 14, 2010 7:42 PM

Have a look at this thread about Logon Studio.  Probably more than you want to know but might have some additional tidbits you find useful.

Ladysarajane
Reply #6 Sunday, December 19, 2010 2:13 PM

Thanks DaveRI! I did hear from Stardock Support and they had me uninstall Logon Studio from Impulse, then reboot my computer. Then install Logon XP from

Now Theme Manager can see it, but of course Impulse cannot.