Internet Explorer 9 Beta

Does anyone use it?

Thursday, September 16, 2010 by RedneckDude | Discussion: Windows 7

I tried twice to get the stupid IE9 Beta to work and it won't. I get this error and it crashes.

Windows 7 64 bit.   Any ideas guys?

Problem signature:
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  D:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

rustysam
Reply #1 Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:03 AM

windowblinds dll causes it to stop working. unload windowblinds and it will work.  I am using windows7 64-bit

RedneckDude
Reply #2 Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:15 AM

Well, crap. I'd much rather have windowblinds. I'll just wait for the full release.

Cameochi
Reply #3 Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:46 AM

IE9 is not compatible with WB and it is squirrely.  I will wait for Beta 2 on this one (or later) and I suspect we will see an update for WB to handle the changes which are significant.  I do think it will be a great browser once all the wrinkes have been "pressed" but I am not willing to give up WB and my other software to beta test IE 9.  JMHO of course.

Philly0381
Reply #4 Sunday, September 19, 2010 11:12 AM

Oh come on folks, it's a Beta.

Wizard1956
Reply #5 Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:06 PM

Speaking only for myself here, but I think it is unrealistic to expect SD to come up with fixes for every beta that comes along, be it FF, IE or whatever. Much can change during development so it just seem like a waste of resources to chase after betas rather than wait for the release version, or at least the RC. Just my two cents worth.

If the beta in use breaks something or causes a conflict, well, that's life on the bleeding edge.

Reply #6 Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:38 PM

^ Well said.

If you elect to use a Beta, then accept it's shortcomings. I don't expect SD to waste precious man-hours chasing mirages, since the Betas will be changed anyway.

I don't know why non-testers download Betas ... just to have the newest toy? If so, don't cry if your fingers get cut on the sharp edges.

RedneckDude
Reply #7 Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:43 PM

Wizard1956

^ Well said.

This is when you simply revert and go on. I'd would much rather have WindowBlinds than IE9 beta. I can wait.

vStyler
Reply #8 Sunday, September 19, 2010 3:21 PM

Any ideas guys?

Yep,  don't use IE    WB doesnt work right on 8, let alone 9. I personally refuse to support it.

Reply #9 Sunday, September 19, 2010 3:37 PM

^ Common sense.... I applaud it!

RedneckDude
Reply #10 Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:15 PM

vStyler

Any ideas guys?

I would agree, but I like the favorites bar and the use of the WinCustomize toolbar on IE8.

RedneckDude
Reply #11 Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:16 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^

^ Common sense.... I applaud it!

Philly0381
Reply #12 Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:28 PM

I guess from a skinning standpoint IE 8 has some problems, not from a users standpoint, well for me atleast.

Not sure what IE 9 will be as far as skinning, still a beta.

At the end of the day it's what works for us that we make the choices on.  I may use what others use but I don't believe I make my decisions based on it.

tazgecko
Reply #13 Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:49 PM

Could you trust your internet security with a beta version of a web browser?

Philly0381
Reply #14 Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:58 PM

I'm not using a beta version of a browser.

Kevin_C
Reply #15 Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:21 PM

If you really want to use both can't you just use the per-app skinning and completely exclude the ie9 executable from WB's skinning?!?

Neil Banfield
Reply #16 Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:48 PM

Kevin_C

Or you could install the WB 7.19 beta that went up Monday.