Clear SKS recently edited skin list

Sunday, March 28, 2010 by I.R. Brainiac | Discussion: SkinStudio

Mine is buggered up and has 2 entries for 1 skin...one is correct and 1 is named wrong...this happened before to this same skin and may be why it got corrupted the first time.

the preview has no title so you cant tell which is which...

I uninstalled skinstudio and even looked for a file that might contain this list but no luck.After I reinstalled skinstudio the list was exactly the same.

How do I clear this list and the big previews?

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #1 Sunday, March 28, 2010 12:15 PM

WAKE UP!

Cavan1
Reply #2 Sunday, March 28, 2010 12:28 PM

Hey I.R., I have never seen doubles but when I have blank preview for skin I have edited but then deleted what I do is just open random skins, close that skin then open another and so on until blanks are gone and just have previews of skins I have.

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #3 Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:24 PM

tried that...i still see 2 of the same skin...wait...ok now...just one...I think...

I think what happens maybe...if you accidently open the same skin twice,one gets a different name...SKS shouldnt allow this.

Neil Banfield
Reply #4 Sunday, March 28, 2010 8:37 PM

How did you open the same skin twice?

SKS can only open one skin at a time.

Xiandi
Reply #5 Sunday, March 28, 2010 8:47 PM

How did you open the same skin twice?
I've done that before too. You do it by opening SKS twice. Have SKS open, minimize it and forget that you did, then open it again.

What amazes me is that if you have both open with the same skin and make changes in one, and apply it, it does not crash either of them.

Edit: I should probably say that I usually open SKS with a dock icon.

RedneckDude
Reply #6 Sunday, March 28, 2010 9:03 PM

I need to do this also.

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #7 Monday, March 29, 2010 11:55 AM

Have SKS open, minimize it and forget that you did, then open it again.
yup,thats how...then I had 2 instances of the same skin in the opening preview page...with slightly different names.

we are so very good at breaking things...

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #8 Sunday, April 4, 2010 1:09 AM

so...how do you clear the list?

Neil Banfield
Reply #9 Sunday, April 4, 2010 6:38 AM

The recently opened skins list is here :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stardock\WindowBlinds\SKS6.ini\SkinHistory

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #10 Sunday, April 4, 2010 11:03 AM

good enough...thanks Neil.

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #11 Sunday, April 4, 2010 11:29 AM

Ahhhh... nice...and now with that key added to the regediter's favorites I can find it again without finding this post.

RedneckDude