Clear as glass taskbar effect in W7

Saturday, December 26, 2009 by r3919 | Discussion: Wincustomize Tutorials

Does anyone know how to completely remove the Windows 7 taskbar blur effect? I am looking for a clear as glass taskbar effect but nothing I try seems to work. Maybe I need some 3rd party s/w.

amitsaran
Reply #1 Saturday, December 26, 2009 2:51 PM

Get WindowBlinds 7 and you can have a completely transparent glass taskbar

amitsaran
Reply #2 Saturday, December 26, 2009 2:57 PM

You can see it here in the video how easy it is !!

r3919
Reply #3 Sunday, December 27, 2009 3:03 PM

I am using WB7, what I found (with a little playing around) was that even though I set the taskbar completely transparent, some themes still show it blurred. Thanks for your advice.

amitsaran
Reply #4 Sunday, December 27, 2009 4:22 PM

This may happen if you have a texture applied to the skin you are using

TreeMonkey
Reply #5 Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:08 AM

I found this thread while searching for my own solution to this problem.  Your video shows what I first tried three weeks ago.

In Windowblinds 6.1 on my XP machine, there was a check box to turn OFF blur.  I hate blur. "Never blur the background even if the skin has blur enabled"  God I miss version 6.1

It looks like in the new version, someone really enjoys blur and thinks that the rest of us do too.

Now on my Windows 7 notebook, 6.1 will not install.  It's a shame I have to buy something I already have, but that's the nature of software I guess. I'm using the trial period of WB7 right now... However, by your own video's example, blur can be turned down but it cannot be turned OFF.  Gone.  Hence, the wording, "Clear as Glass" for this thread.

I am unwilling to buy WB7 if I can't turn off the blur.  For me that is the most important function.  My favorite theme is Diamond but I have tried others.  Get rid of the blur completely and I'll continue to be a customer.

Sorry, but I'm mildly peeved at this situation and even more peeved at your posting that it will work when it obviously doesn't and all I have to do is throw money at it.

Mike

Frankief
Reply #6 Tuesday, March 20, 2012 3:45 AM

It depends on the blind. I can set many of them to have a completely transparent task bar but some of them, no matter what you do, have the blur effect even though it is not checked in WB configure. I am sure it could be remedied in Skin Studio if one knew what to change. However, a majority of the skins I have will display a completely transparent task bar on WB7.

TreeMonkey
Reply #7 Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:28 PM

I tried about 10 before I found Clear Glass Vista, which will set all the way down to transparent.  Try that one.

I'm going to buy WB7 bundled with Skin Studio so I can do that and I also have a couple other skins in mind that I want to build from scratch.  Fun stuff.  11 days left on my trial.  LOL