Menu Bar DX WIP Updated!!! Done!!

A Work in Progress

Monday, November 23, 2009 by RedneckDude | Discussion: Sneak Previews

I figgered it was about time for a non blind based skin. In this skin I use a texture by Sc4rfy, and some graphics by Umar123 at DA. Permissions for both, of course. As usual, scripting by sViz and testing by Wizard1956. Believe it or not, I did do some of it myself...lol!!!!  Concept by RND.

Philly0381
Reply #1 Monday, November 23, 2009 3:45 PM

Looks like a nice new design you have there Jim.

Since you show a docked view i take it can be undocked also?

Can you add in a color changer for the skin?  That would make it available then to be used in any theme/suite.

Is this built as a DX Theme or widget/gadget?

sViz
Reply #2 Monday, November 23, 2009 3:59 PM

Lookin' good!   Will have the fix for you soon, Jim.

Wizard1956
Reply #3 Monday, November 23, 2009 4:02 PM

Can you add in a color changer for the skin?

+1 If not,this may be one I turn into a widget,just for that ability. I like the looks and layout,but have few WindowBlinds that will go well with that color. Even so,I think it's a great DX theme.

/begin rant

I do wish SD would get the meter plug-ins to work properly  on systems with over 2Gb's of RAM,multiple cores and/or 64 bit OS's. Not all of us  have a P4 with 512 mb's running XP, which is what the plug-ins appear to be made for. Inaccurate meters are worse than none at all.

/end rant

Philly0381
Reply #4 Monday, November 23, 2009 4:10 PM

I know what you are saying Wizard, but thet last several of RedneckDude's Themes have been showing the correct information on my Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit system with 8gb of memory and  quad cpu.  So maybe Jim has found the right script.

Mirsguy
Reply #5 Monday, November 23, 2009 4:17 PM

Looks like it goes well with Aqueous!

RedneckDude
Reply #6 Monday, November 23, 2009 4:30 PM

Looks like a nice new design you have there Jim.

Since you show a docked view i take it can be undocked also?

Can you add in a color changer for the skin? That would make it available then to be used in any theme/suite.

Is this built as a DX Theme or widget/gadget?

Yes, it can undock. It is a desktop. All will hide off screen except the rounded edged bar. A color changer will not change the color of the media player parts and menu bars. Therefore, a color changer won't be added. But I may do several colors.

RedneckDude
Reply #7 Monday, November 23, 2009 4:31 PM

I know what you are saying Wizard, but thet last several of RedneckDude's Themes have been showing the correct information on my Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit system with 8gb of memory and quad cpu. So maybe Jim has found the right script.

Only the text meters are accurate.

Yes, Brian. Goes well with Aqueous.

RedneckDude
Reply #8 Monday, November 23, 2009 4:33 PM

Lookin' good! Will have the fix for you soon, Jim.

Thanks Eve. I sent a second email. You rock!

RedneckDude
Reply #9 Tuesday, November 24, 2009 11:03 AM

Same do....new view!!      Try it in red, wear eye protection!!!

Then there are the others.......

RedneckDude
Reply #10 Tuesday, November 24, 2009 2:14 PM

Sc4rfy
Reply #11 Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:01 PM

It's wonderful Jim!

In the red screenshot perhaps there is your blind?

Mirsguy
Reply #12 Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:04 PM

Colors! ooooooooooh!

Philly0381
Reply #13 Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:32 PM

Excellent work Jim,

Reply #14 Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:44 PM

Jim...this really is excellent. Functional and looks really great...love the color choices.

RedneckDude
Reply #15 Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:46 PM

Sc4rfy
It's wonderful Jim!

In the red screenshot perhaps there is your blind?

Yes, Marco, that is my attempt at a blind....I need to get back to it....I do.

RedneckDude
Reply #16 Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:48 PM

Thanks guys, it will be uploaded soon! They will all be in one pack.  Thanks to sViz, Sc4rfy, and Umar123 for their help!

Mirsguy
Reply #17 Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:59 PM

Yes, Marco, that is my attempt at a blind....I need to get back to it....I do.

It can be difficult to keep focused in making a WB... takes soooo long and so many different parts to skin. But you can do it, Jim!

RedneckDude
Reply #18 Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:12 PM

Here it is folks, it now comes in 8 colors, all included in the zip. Choose your poison!!

RedneckDude