House Full of Idiots

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 by iKashmir | Discussion: Windows Vista

So I gots this stupid a** roommate that messed with my computer and now I don't know what to do. All My prgrams are missing from my start menu. Never seen this before and couldn't find a good answer on Google, Ask, or Yahoo. So can anyone help?

CarGuy1
Reply #1 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:30 PM

Have you tried system restore?

If it's vista, boot to your Vista DVD and choose to restore it to an earlier time(before they used it)

bk13GarbageMan
Reply #2 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:32 PM

Are the progs still installed???? did You have them pinned or were You just using recent progs???

cplair
Reply #3 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:42 PM

So I gots this stupid a** roommate that messed with my computer

This is you This is your Roomy!

End of computer problem!

CarGuy1
Reply #4 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:42 PM

I took the post as every thing is missing, like the start menu was deleted. This being the case, system restore from the DVD would be the easiest fix since he may not be comfortable with a command prompt.

Then again, you can always type in rstrui in the search box to get to system restore.

iKashmir
Reply #5 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:09 PM

Like When you go to Start>All Programs. All my folders are gone

teddybearcholla
Reply #6 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:24 PM

This is you This is your Roomy!

End of computer problem!

pjdark
Reply #7 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:41 PM

Just put them back. What's the problem?

CarGuy1
Reply #8 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:42 PM

Type in RSTRUI in the box that says start search and hit the enter key. That will bring up system restore. Follow the directions and choose a date and time to restore your computer to the way it was before your room mate messed with it.

Easy as can be.

karmat
Reply #9 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:08 PM

Then put a password on your computer!

iKashmir
Reply #10 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:13 PM

Problem fixed just need to re-add the shortcuts to my start menu folder. Easy as pie but my roommate don't know that so more rent for him.

voidcore
Reply #11 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:45 PM

I can see this becoming a monthly problem.....

iKashmir
Reply #12 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:53 PM

Funny voidcore

Nimbin
Reply #13 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 10:13 PM

tell the roomate to get their own computer to mess up, or create a limited user account for him on yours. I would be going for the first option though. Other People + Your computer = A whole lotta pain and aggravation

storm347
Reply #14 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 10:15 PM

tell your roomie if he touches it again he'll lose a couple fingers

iKashmir
Reply #15 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 10:51 PM

Man storm violent off the jump. I like it.

Yea I should make him get his own computer but he ever does is surf the web so I didn't think anything like this would ever happen. Shows that if you stick your hand in the fire it will get burned.

ShelbyGT_The_Car
Reply #16 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:03 PM

Would be better and easier to create a new user for yourself and move eveything - documents and such over to the new account.

Thus eveything would be back to better than missing what may be gone. Then you can remove the old account if you want after you get moved.

storm347
Reply #17 Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:42 PM

Man storm violent off the jump. I like it.                                                               i know but i have been through it a few times myself