Help with calendar tutorial

file missing

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 by Doubird | Discussion: DesktopX Tutorials

Hi, I wanted to try the tutorial Martin wrote and it says to download a file (sample) but I can't seem to download it.

Thanks if you can help.

Doubird

sViz
Reply #1 Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:04 PM

I think this is the same one used in the tutorial :  http://martin.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?skinid=3551&libid=3

Doubird
Reply #2 Friday, July 31, 2009 6:58 AM

Thank you sViz for your quick reply.

Ghaniz786
Reply #3 Friday, June 25, 2010 5:25 AM

Thanks for this helpeful calendar but one thing I want to know although I jhave resize it by column and row sapcing. but i can not change the color of week days as well as the Year text is also not select able if I want to resize it or colorize it what should I do? Please help and reply me how to do.

Regards

A-Ghani

sViz
Reply #4 Friday, June 25, 2010 6:28 AM

R-click on DX Builder icon in systray > choose List Objects.

Change the properties of "Template_Day" object, and that will automatically set all the other days. Change "Template_DayOfWeek" properties and that will set the others. "Calendar_Year" is the year object.

Ghaniz786
Reply #5 Friday, June 25, 2010 6:49 PM

Dear Brother

Thanks Alot for this help May God Bless You.

Regards

A-Ghani

Ghaniz786
Reply #6 Saturday, June 26, 2010 6:43 PM

although I can do every thing with year object but problem is taht i can not move it vertically. herizontally movementis working but when ever I try to move it vertically it is not working Plz Help.

sViz
Reply #7 Saturday, June 26, 2010 6:58 PM

R-click on the Calendar object > choose Edit Script.

At around line 129 you should see this:

DesktopX.Object("Calendar_Year").Top = Object.Height - 33

Delete that line or set the position as desired.

Ghaniz786
Reply #8 Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:11 PM

OH Ok I for got that there is controlling by the script.

many many thanks for prompt replies and help.

sViz
Reply #9 Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:32 PM

No problem.

Ghaniz786
Reply #10 Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:56 PM

can you please show me the trik ro make text calendat I tried  but it is showing 06/27/2009, but I want it shows like 27 june 2009. can you please helpme out.

sViz
Reply #11 Sunday, June 27, 2010 8:10 PM

You mean the date plugin (LINK)? If so, click on Configure under Additional Abilities. To set the display to "27 June 2010" follow the instructions in the configuration window and enter the the format -- dd MMMM yyyy -- into the date format field.

Ghaniz786
Reply #12 Monday, June 28, 2010 5:21 PM

I don't have these plugins

Start Menu 2
Object slider
Analog Clock 2
Date (Text State)
Digital Clock (Text State)

where can I download ?

You shared very useful link but there is no link for downloading plugins.

Regards

sViz
Reply #13 Monday, June 28, 2010 6:46 PM

Here you go - LINK

Ghaniz786
Reply #14 Monday, June 28, 2010 7:27 PM

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply, kind response and devoted help.

May God Bless always on You.

Thank you so nioce of you.

is there any website where can I download more plugins ???

sViz
Reply #15 Monday, June 28, 2010 7:32 PM

Welcome.

No download site exists that I know of. Usually other members just share it if someone asks for missing plugins.

Ghaniz786
Reply #16 Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:39 PM

Thanks for reply,

I was just asking if there is someone making new plugins that will be very useful.

isn't it ?

sViz
Reply #17 Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:12 PM

Oh, yeah. Littleboy has made some great plugins -- https://www.wincustomize.com/explore/all/search/littleboy

Ghaniz786
Reply #18 Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:24 PM

Thanks for quick reply

this  is very very useful or new users like me.