Monday, May 4, 2009 by Island Dog | Discussion: Stardock Support General
We have been getting a ton of e-mails about WinCustomize accounts, many regarding downloads, access levels, and user accounts. I wanted to put together a quick article on some common troubleshooting tips and general info that will solve many issues without having to wait for support to get back to you.
- New customers and downloading. If you are a new customer, and have just purchased WindowBlinds, Object Desktop, etc. and are now looking to download skins from WinCustomize, you might run into an issue with getting an “access denied” error or a message telling you subscribe. In most cases this is due to the site not recognizing your new user level (current customer). Logging out of WinCustomize, clearing your browsers cache and cookies, and logging in again should fix that. I’d also recommend using a tool like CCleaner.
Also note that being a current customer doesn’t entitle you to the same benefits as being a WinCustomize Subscriber. You will still see ads, and you will not have access to premium WindowBlinds skins.
- Account Activation. Make sure your WinCustomize account is activated. If you didn't receive an activation e-mail, request another at https://www.stardock.com/sdnet_account.asp
- Downloading issues. If you are a WC subscriber and/or a current customer, clearing your cache and cookies will also usually help. Also be sure to check any firewall, anti-virus, or anti-spyware settings that might be blocking WinCustomize downloads.
- Need registration info? Lost or forgot your registration information? No problem. Just go to http://download.stardock.com to get a list of all your products and serial numbers
- Want to update your info? You can easily update your Stardock account information, including address, e-mail, password, newsletter preferences, and more at www.stardock.com/accounts/manage.
I hope this will help some of you with any issues you might encounter, and if you still need support for WinCustomize then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!