Does Mycolor Themes have transparency in XP.

Sunday, May 3, 2009 by divyasugar | Discussion: MyColors

Hi friends

Just wondering whether mycolors themes have transparency in Windows XP or not.

ie transparent windows borders, taskbar and start menu.

Karma a lot...to let me know.

divyasugar
Reply #1 Sunday, May 3, 2009 7:06 AM

bump to avoid being dumped

divyasugar
Reply #2 Sunday, May 3, 2009 1:25 PM

Cavan1
Reply #3 Sunday, May 3, 2009 4:10 PM

Yes, as long as the theme has trans. You can't adjust transparency with MyColors like you can with WindowBlinds.

DaveRI
Reply #4 Sunday, May 3, 2009 6:50 PM

"What Cavan said" and you can go here to see screenshots of themes under both XP and Vista:

divyasugar
Reply #5 Monday, May 4, 2009 1:54 AM

Thanks

divyasugar
Reply #6 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:20 PM

HMMMMMMMM I download MyColors Green to test it but I see no option to change transparency. How to change transparency with MyColors?

You can't adjust transparency with MyColors like you can with WindowBlinds.

A Big How seeks a small answer plz.

Philly0381
Reply #7 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:27 PM

If I am not mistaken I believe once you apply the MyColors Green Theme you should then be able to open WindowBlinds and adjust the transparency through there.

If that is wrong someone will be by to correct me.

Reply #8 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:30 PM

Philly: That is correct. Choose the level of transparancy desite and then 'apply'.

This is true for Vista. In XP, can't say as My system is Vista. Also, you might want to create a substyle for the skin you wish to change as doing it as above will change the transparancy for all skins. I never tried to create a substyle for MyColors skins, but it should work.

I.D. did a set of Tutorials "Walk Throughs" on WB6. You can access them through his Personal Pages under Articles. He also did a Vid on recoloring in WB6.

divyasugar
Reply #9 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:57 PM

Thanks I had to know if MyColors has no transparency on its own or not. Now I know.

Karma a lot...to let me know.

Sorry my karma bank is bankrupt. All your investments are no longer valid.

Reply #10 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:02 PM

You asked a question. I don't expect anything but the "Thanks". You're welcome.

divyasugar
Reply #11 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:03 PM

I said this just as a superb joke.

Philly0381
Reply #12 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:04 PM

It should be the same on XP also DrJBHL.

DaveRI
Reply #13 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:47 PM

Ya it seems to work fine on XP as well.  The thing I'm not sure of - does a person who just has MyColors and not WB seperately have access to the WB config screen?

Reply #14 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:52 PM

Sorry Dave, but no. You would have to have WindowBlinds.

Philly0381
Reply #15 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 6:02 PM

DaveRI

That's a good question, I got MyColors with ObjectDesktop Ultimate so I can't answer that.  I do remember when reading about MyColors it said that it loaded a 'stripped downed' version of WB in order to apply the theme.  I don't know if you have access to the configuration screen though.

Shirley
Reply #16 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 6:11 PM

Ya it seems to work fine on XP as well. The thing I'm not sure of - does a person who just has MyColors and not WB seperately have access to the WB config screen?

No.  Like the Doctor said, you need to have WindowBlinds to be able to make these adjustments.  MyColors is basically a one button app, and is really not designed to have the granular controls like WindowBlinds.

DaveRI
Reply #17 Tuesday, May 5, 2009 6:29 PM

Thanks all, I wasn't sure and it's good to know.  I hope OP understands now, It may have gotten a little confusing.  Looks like we may have run into a little language issue at reply #3/6 with the ol' contraction trap - "can't" = "can not".

divyasugar
Reply #18 Wednesday, May 6, 2009 12:14 AM

I knew it when I download MyColors green that it can't set transparency. (that's why I had asked if there was a way through it.)

chieuhado