Monday, April 13, 2009 by M-203 | Discussion: Stardock Support General
I installed Impulse, even though I don't want anything to do with it,
just so I could download and install the software I PAID for on my offline computer.
I have registered my products, and hit "download and archive".
I went to the folder and all I see are files with the extension .impulse.
What the hell? If I doubleclick those files on my online computer, which has impulse installed,
all I get is:
"Windows cannot open this file. blah blah blah,
What do you want to do?
(1) Use the Web service to find the correct program.
(2) Select a program from a list of installed programs."
So if the computer where I installed Impulse cannot even open them,
how the hell am I supposed to get them installed on my offline computer???
Now you see my reason for the first line of this post.
This is on a freshly installed Vista Ultimate 32-bit,
my offline computer is on a freshly installed XP Home Premium 32-bit
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!