Uninstalling and Installing WindowBlinds

Error Message

Friday, April 10, 2009 by Coffeebandit | Discussion: WindowBlinds Tutorials

I get this error message when I try to open up the WindowBlinds, "WindowBlinds is missing the file WBSrv. Please uninstall WindowBlinds and reboot which I have 2 times.

I'm running Windows XP Pro,219 GHz, 2.00 GB, Dell 2400 Desktop.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. In the meantime, I will uninstall it again. thanks

Wizard1956
Reply #1 Friday, April 10, 2009 7:10 PM

I little more info will be very helpful.Where are you installing WindowBlinds from and what version?

Did you run a clean up program like CCleaner after you uninstalled WB's but before you reboot? How are you uninstalling WindowBlinds? Add/Remove programs or Impulse?

Hankers
Reply #2 Friday, April 10, 2009 7:11 PM

Wizard has this one covered

ReganWelborn
Reply #3 Monday, April 26, 2010 9:20 AM

I'm trying to UNinstall Windowblinds, and keep getting the error "cannot open install.log".  I'm running XP and THIS is the info on my install of Windowblinds:

WindowBlinds version : WindowBlinds 7.01 (build 83 x86) - Shareware
WindowBlinds is installed correctly on this PC

Your machine supports per pixel borders on WindowBlinds skins.
(Plug and Play Monitor) 1 is attached to NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU
Wblind.dll     2010/02/09 14:32:ll

Wbsrv.dll     2010/02/03 15:33:32

SevenConfig.exe     2010/02/15 14:44:23

Wbload.exe     2010/02/01 18:23:18

Wbhelp.dll     2009/06/04 15:14:07

Wbui.dll     2009/06/04 15:13:24

Tray.dll           2009/10/23 19:12:19

Screen.exe     2009/11/10 13:52:48

Now, I'm running in trial, unregistered.  Tell me I don't have to register the thing to uninstall it, please.  I've tried both the Stardock uninstall and the Windows Add/Remove programs, both give the same error.  I don't use any other third party uninstallers, shouldn't need to to get software off of a machine if it's not some sort of malware.

BereCanFly
Reply #4 Wednesday, May 26, 2010 10:34 PM

if i uninstall window blinds, do i still keep the theme i have currently? i downloaded a Slytherin theme [it's amazing], but i don't want to pay for window blinds. please help!!!!!!!!

Hankers
Reply #5 Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:43 AM

The themes or WindowBlind skins require the WindowBlinds program to be installed and running to work.

Neil Banfield
Reply #6 Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:44 AM

To continue using the theme you would need to purchase WindowBlinds.

BereCanFly
Reply #7 Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:27 PM

HELP PLEASE! I want to uninstall WindowBlinds because it's causing all sorts of problems for my computer. I went to Control Panel and then to Uninstall a Program, but it was not listed there! I ran System Restore, as is recommended by Windows, and it did not help (I got a message saying there was a problem and System Restore "was unsuccessful and did not complete"). My entire computer looks weird now! For any application running, there is no Close button (the X at the top right hand corner), not Minimize/Maximize button, the font is too big, the colors are all wrong, etc. etc. etc. PLEASE HELP! How do I completely remove WindowBlinds and/or any Stardock-owned program from my laptop? I have Vista, by the way. Help!!!

benmanns
Reply #8 Sunday, May 8, 2011 5:21 PM

You can try the fallowing reinstall windowblinds via impuse or let it repair it. Then open windowblinds and choose the standart windows skin ( windows classic ) or windows aero from microsoft ) apply it then restart your puter.after the reboot you can unsintall windowblinds.
To use windowblinds longer then 30 days i think - you need to purchase it.
even if this post is a bit old i hope this helps

Uvah
Reply #9 Sunday, May 8, 2011 6:02 PM

Roloccolor. The thread is a year old. Odds are the person either succeeded or purchased. Sorry.