Some help needed using RightClick with DesktopX

Can't figure out how to add an 'Unload' DX option to RightClick

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 by az0th | Discussion: Stardock Support General

Before RightClick, I was able to switch between Windowblinds and DesktopX by right-clicking on a DX theme, selecting DesktpX > Unload Desktop  and this would get me back to the Windowblinds theme.

But with RightClick, the problem is I can't figure out how to add an 'unload DX' option.

I added a DX shortcut to RightClick, but all that gives is 'load widgets', 'load objects', 'load widgets', 'create' and.. 'done'. No 'unload desktop' option.

Any help would be totally welcome.

Thanks,

az0th

Snowman
Reply #1 Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:37 AM

Unloading DX can be done by rightclicking the DX icon in the systray (providing the DX theme in use has the systray displayed )

Haven't been able to find any commandline parameters to unload DX - but that would an option if such one existed.

az0th
Reply #2 Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:45 AM

*whew*... so I can use my spare PC (no rightclick) to test a DX theme for systray before downloading it to my rightclick PC.

Thanks so much!

Snowman
Reply #3 Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:34 AM

You're quite welcome

PuterDudeJim
Reply #4 Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:48 AM

If all else fails, and there is no other way to unload DX, kill it in the task manager. My 1 1/2 cents.

DaveRI
Reply #5 Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:54 PM

If you want to play you could make yourself a little widget or object that uses the canned "unload Desktop X" function, then point your Right-click to load that widget or object.

az0th
Reply #6 Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:54 AM

for anyone else with this prob., Rahndal has a neat widget to replace desktophelper.exe with one including an 'unload DX' option: Check out https://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?skinid=671&libid=34 (sorry, havent' yet looked into out how to substitute 'link' for lengthy urls ..