Cant dl any software with impulse...expired account

shouldnt I be able to download the last available version before the expiration date?

Friday, February 27, 2009 by I.R. Brainiac | Discussion: Object Desktop

My OD ultimate sub expired on feb 20...I opened impulse but it wont let me download anything...not even older versions.

Anything I try to get just pops up and tells me my account is invalid.

I wanted to try Descapes for XP...it is dated before my expiration date but it wont let me.I figured the date could be wrong for the XP version so I tried iconX...a version of that should always be available to me...at least the latest version available before my sub expired.

I tried the support contact link and it opened a damn windows live sign in page...I dont use windows live.

So will someone please help a skinner out...how do you access versions of the software you have paid for?

Stardock central will only show me currently installed software...what about stuff I may have uninstalled or decided to try but never installed?

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #1 Friday, February 27, 2009 4:57 PM

I see versions that say (updates) available...but I get the same invalid message.

If a version is newer than my sub date,why is impulse showing me available updates?Only the last version I have coming to me should be listed as available...but I cant even get those.

jfa442
Reply #2 Friday, February 27, 2009 9:44 PM

I just ordered object desktopo ultimate and I get the same message when I entered my serial.  It says it wants cupon code or pin.  all i have is serial number.  How to I get my produce.

Island Dog
Reply #3 Friday, February 27, 2009 10:23 PM

At the current time, if you want access to older versions, you will need to contact support@stardock.com.

I'm not sure why a Live signin page would show up.

jfa442:

If you have purchase a subscription to Object Desktop, login to Impulse with your purchasing e-mail and you should be set.

Screeshots of these issues would be helpful.

Shirley
Reply #4 Friday, February 27, 2009 11:13 PM

When it comes to Object Desktop, Stardock Central is probably best to avoid.  Updates to Object Desktop apps are'nt going to be available through SDC in the future, and most likely something installed through it today is an out of date version.

Currently, Impusle will show you updates to any software it detects you have installed, whether you have the registrations/subscriptions to get them or not.  This is done mainly to show you any available updates to software you may have installed from standalone installs or retail discs.

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #5 Saturday, February 28, 2009 12:29 AM

So if I'm following this correctly...unless I have a current OD sub,neither impulse or SDC are useable and I would have to contact support to get my current software?(such as in an OS reinstall)

I could be wrong but I thought in the past you could dl your last version paid for at any time.(this may be what SDC is showing me but its all currently installed stuff so I dont know what it would look like if this were a fresh OS)

I do know none of the other software that wasnt installed BEFORE the end of the sub can be installed from SDC or Impulse.

I'm still a teeny bit confused but I appreciate the help ID and Shirley.

Shirley
Reply #6 Monday, March 2, 2009 11:43 AM

Actually it's always been done this way.  If the subscription is expired, you won't be able to use Impulse/SDC to download.  You can get the archives by writing to support, and then restore them with Impulse/SDC.

I.R. Brainiac
Reply #7 Monday, March 2, 2009 4:39 PM

Ok,thank you Shirley...I would have dl'd and archived anything I was interested in myself but installing from self archived proggies has never once worked for me.......that,and I forgot what day my sub was expiring.