GUYS PLEASE HELP ME!!IM N NEWBIE HERE!!

by Jheriel08

Thursday, February 26, 2009 by jheriel08 | Discussion: New Users

guyz can you help me to my prob.. because i download a DesktopX theme and i works but the problem is the theme i download some of the buttons or links didn't work after i click there is a system message that the button i click cannot find.  please help me and what should i do to make it work?!

" alt="" />

2of3
Reply #1 Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:03 AM

I believe that you need to run DX in builder mode to modify the path of the objects to your congfiguration.

Reply #2 Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:12 AM

2of3 may well be correct...but I'd ask some of the DX guys... PuterDudeJim or Murex

There are other folks who know, but PDJ is very nice, and loves to help...give im a try (pm or email).

PuterDudeJim
Reply #3 Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:49 PM

Thanx, Seth! And it just happens to be one of my skins...lol.

Jheriel08, I need more info, such as , what error message? It sounds as if you do need to redirect the targets to suit your PC. The problem with most DX themes is that you need to learn how to alter them before you can really use them. At least so with mine. You may email me at PuterDudeJim@aol.com for one on one help. Or just post here. I am seeing red Xs now, so I don't know what the error is.

Reply #4 Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:04 PM

What did I say! It's the "Wiz Effect!"

cplair
Reply #5 Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:39 PM

Desktop X 101 - Sounds like several dis-associations with the theme's built-in links.

It's nice when you can chat with the theme's creator that'll assist you with a problem.

It's little things like this, that makes this place so great!

I am seeing red Xs now, so I don't know what the error is

That is the error Jim!  His puter is full of them damn red X's

angus1949
Reply #6 Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:31 PM

I've got two of them X's.  My computers OK but I'm broke!

Reply #7 Thursday, February 26, 2009 10:10 PM

Nope... you got an X and a Y.

cplair
Reply #8 Thursday, February 26, 2009 10:15 PM

I've got two of them X's. My computers OK but I'm broke!

Nope... you got an X and a Y

Tailsgirl
Reply #9 Thursday, February 26, 2009 11:34 PM

jheriel, here are your images you tried to post hon, just thought I'd post them.

hehe though they are too small to see anything!

PuterDudeJim
Reply #10 Friday, February 27, 2009 1:16 AM

I am thinking it is the error message you get when trying to access a shortcut that points to a folder on my machine. You need to open the theme in builder mode, right click on the button in question, choose properties, change the target to your folder/shortcut. Save the desktop, and do the same for any other buttons giving the error. If you need further help, I will gladly help you if you'll email me. Thank you for using my work.

PuterDudeJim
Reply #11 Friday, February 27, 2009 1:17 AM

jheriel, here are your images you tried to post hon, just thought I'd post them.

Thanx, TG. You are a blessing!

Tailsgirl
Reply #12 Friday, February 27, 2009 2:04 AM

Aww shucks Jim!!

HG_Eliminator
Reply #13 Friday, February 27, 2009 2:54 AM

Well done all.

I believe 2of3/Jim hit it on the head. With DX themes sometimes you have to set the target to your machines specific directory.

jheriel08
Reply #14 Saturday, February 28, 2009 2:19 PM

yeah what should i do to that jim!?! any suggestion?! also sometimes there's and error occur when i open some program in full screen.. i think after iclose that program the error pup up and the skin are everywhere sometimes it freezes alot... what should i do?>!

PuterDudeJim
Reply #15 Saturday, February 28, 2009 2:45 PM

I can't read the errors you posted. I need to know what the errors are in order to help you further.

Bichur
Reply #16 Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:13 PM

Windows cannot find "\C:\Documents and Settings\Jim Dillard\Desktop\Desk\Office". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then click Search.

PuterDudeJim
Reply #17 Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:35 PM

I answered that one already. See reply number 10 above.