Will I lose WindowsBlinds?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 by Dday141 | Discussion: Object Desktop

I have just purchased, downloaded, and installed WindowsBlinds onto my OS. But my computer is having some unexpected troubles and I will begin to reformat my computer soon. I would like to know how will I be able to get my WindowsBlinds activiated program back? I don't think I should have to pay $20 again just because I will reformat my computer. Can someone please help me understand how I can gain access to my purchased WindowsBlinds after reformatting?

vStyler
Reply #1 Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:18 AM

Just reinstall impulse and use your existing acct\serial #'s that you got in your email.

Reply #2 Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:18 AM

Sure you will be able to get it back...done most easily through Impulse. All you'll need is the email address you bought WB with!

Dday141
Reply #3 Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:24 AM

Alright thanks, but one more thing, where do I specifically go under impulse to get it back? I'm currently not able to impulse atm because nearly all my software and files are gone.

Reply #4 Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:35 AM

First restore your computer...I hope you have a backup.

Next, go here: LINK and download Impulse. Then put in your email (response 2) and your registration should come up. then download and install WB.

Dday141
Reply #5 Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:37 AM

Ah, thanks for the clarifying man. I feel relived now. And yeah, I did back up my files and settings, pretty much all set to go.

Reply #6 Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:47 AM

If you run into problems, PM me.

highlander
Reply #7 Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:59 AM

You can also use the link that was e-mailed to you from Sales, or you can request a new download link be sent to you by entering your account e-mail here; https://www.stardock.com/support/

Shirley
Reply #8 Friday, February 20, 2009 6:18 PM

There are several ways that our customers can retrieve their software and licenses that they have purchased.  Keep in mind that trial versions of our software are not upgradable to the full versions by entering a product key, and they must be uninstalled and the PC rebooted before installing the full version of any app.  Here are the possible options:

1.) Go to https://www.stardock.com/support , enter your e-mail address to have your product info sent to you.

2.) If you have a Stardock.net account, visit the following site and click the link for the appropriate application/theme: https://www.wincustomize.com/myaccount.aspx?reg

3.)I would highly suggest using Impulse to download and install any of our applications. Impulse is our new product distribution platform that will be replacing Stardock Central. Impulse will give you the ability to resume downloads, as well as notify you when updates are available, and prompt to update.  Impulse will also automatically activate any of our products you install.

If you haven't already, create a Stardock.net account here: https://www.stardock.com/sdnet_login.asp .  This will be required to log into the Stardock server through Impulse. You may download Impulse here: http://www.impulsedriven.com/impulse_setup_full.exe

Once you download and run the installer, you will be asked to log in with your Stardock.net account.  Once you do, and Impulse finishes any additional updates needed, click on the help icon in the upper right of the Impulse interface (the one that looks like a blue circle with a question mark) and select "Register a product".  Once on the registrations page, in the bottom right, click the 'Add Registration' button.  In the Window that appears, enter your serial number(copy and paste) followed by your e-mail you used to create your Stardock.net account, the product category and the product name.  Click 'Add Registration' button and you've registered your product.  This will register the software to your account, and get you the latest updates to your product.  This will also keep track of the serial number if you ever need to install again.  You can now go under the appropriate tab in Impulse and select your product and click 'Install' to install it.