can anyone tell me if maxthon browser is any good?

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 by BluesBrother | Discussion: Internet

iam thinking of getting a 4th browser since upgrading my memory. i heard stories of maxthon although being stable, does have its share of horrid virus implications..i must know before i download. its not about how good the performance is and its features, its all about security and stability.  IE7 blows..FF still rules..and opera is good browser..maxthon..?

Reply #1 Wednesday, December 24, 2008 5:27 AM

You heard correctly. Maxthon is an ok browser, but I disposed of it for FF3 and more recently, Opera which has a lightning rendering engine.

BluesBrother
Reply #2 Wednesday, December 24, 2008 5:33 AM

ah i see thx for reply dr . cheers

Excalpius
Reply #3 Wednesday, December 24, 2008 7:52 AM

I thought maxon was just IE with a front end?

Reply #4 Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:01 AM

Excalpius is also correct....I believe.

superman
Reply #5 Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:02 AM

Fiefox is my favorite because its very fast... Google Chromes  is  also  good...  I had  tried  Maxthon, Opera, IE, Avant, Safari etc... but no match to Firfox......

Security depends more on your Antivirus and Firewall.... But its also true IE is most insecure despite all updates..... I usse Firefox without any addons or updates...

jpmurph1
Reply #6 Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:35 AM

I have been considering adding another browser as well, Firefox comes to mind, would you guys recommend as far as security, safety etc, that Firefox is better than IE7, or would i be better off running IE8(beta) just looking for other opinions before i actually install either one, is there many conflicts when installing firefox?? I really appreciate any input,thanx in advance and have a happy holiday!!!

pjdark
Reply #7 Thursday, December 25, 2008 12:02 AM

Avoid. It's pure crap.

BluesBrother
Reply #8 Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:02 PM

so far the only browsers that are within exceptional range are - FF and opera. sorry to say, IE7 is still at bottem of the hill with no way of catching up.

Reply #9 Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:19 PM

Try Opera 10 ... it's an alpha. Super fast rendering, or 9.62 with really fast rendering.

I use it all the time and am very happy with it. FF3 is slow compared to it.

mickeko
Reply #10 Monday, February 2, 2009 3:28 PM

Please note that a fast browser won't improve your internet connection speed/quality in any way.

gmc2
Reply #11 Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:41 AM

But its also true IE is most insecure despite all updates

Actually, I find the user's ability to set specific security parameters within IE7 far superior than FF.