'Site Issues' Moderation Policy

Monday, August 18, 2008 by andrew_ | Discussion: WinCustomize Site Issues

The 'Site Issues' forum is a unique forum. We use it to get good feedback from out visitors on the website, what's not working, what the visitors may not understand or what is just plain broken. It allows the developers, testers and support to view reported problems with the website(s) in a forum which is convoluted by many unrelated posts.

In the spirit of communicating with users reporting issues as effectively as possible, the moderation policy in place for the 'Site Issues' forum is much different from that of the rest of any forum. This forum isn't necessarily ruled with an iron fist, but more so a softer metal, like bronze or copper.

• When an issue has been resolved, the post is locked following a moderator reply. This is in place to help moderators and developers move on to other issues and to help with organization.
  • Off topic posts are moved to the General Discussion forum.
  • Off topic replies are moderated (and typically removed)
  • Joking, trolling or non-constructive replies are moderated.
  • Blatant negativity, developer bashing, and Stardock bashing are not allowed. Posts and replies as such are moderated. If you're not here to help, please move onto another forum on the site in which that is welcomed. General Discussion is a good example of a forum which allows this (within reason).
  • 'Me too' replies are moderated. Unless a developer or moderator ask implicitly how many other people are experiencing an issue, 'me too' replies just make it harder to wade through the replies for a post. This is especially true for very large posts with many replies.
  • 'Are we there yet' replies and posts will be moderated. If a developer or rep has responded to an issue and has stated that they are taking action (eventual or immediate) please do not make posts or replies asking when or if a fix has been made. A developer or rep will respond with the action taken as soon as is possible.

That about covers it. I would just like to reiterate that this policy is in place to help us work faster and more efficiently for you, the users.

Normally I would lock this post up and just leave it for people to read, but if you have something constructive to say on this topic, please do reply.

vStyler
Reply #1 Monday, August 18, 2008 2:24 PM
Thank you Andrew_ for acknowleding my site issue post, I would not have posted it had I known you were aware and it hadn't been broken for weeks on end.

I do sincerely appreciate you clarifying the issue and look forward to seeing the issue remedied.

As for moderating the occasional humor based post.. bit iron fisty isnt it?
andrew_
Reply #2 Monday, August 18, 2008 2:36 PM
Bronze fisted maybe. Humor is all good, but it doesn't help to resolve issues, just clutters up the post. That's why replies like that are targeted.
vStyler
Reply #3 Monday, August 18, 2008 2:46 PM
Well, thx regardless, I know you work hard.
zakai1369
Reply #4 Monday, August 18, 2008 5:18 PM
Never read the moderation policies before.

Guess I shouldn't have made that joke in that thread eh. My apologies.

andrew_
Reply #5 Monday, August 25, 2008 12:40 AM
People, please remember that this is a post about moderation policy and not the place to make suggestions about the site. I've removed/edited some incredibly off topic replies.
andrew_
Reply #6 Monday, September 8, 2008 12:27 AM

Policy updated.

unclerob
Reply #7 Friday, September 19, 2008 3:50 PM

hope this comes off as constructive,

I'd love an update on the site issues thread, not saying it has to be daily, but a weekly update from yourself or someone else looking into the site issues recently posted would help, I know we (I) tend to post alot of smart a$$ comments in that specific thread but I did post a few actual issues that are affecting myself and a few others and I haven't heard anything on it yet, even a quick blurb that says "hey we're working on the skin upload problems issue, we'll give you an update next week on this) would be great.

And I will tone down my smart a$$ comments in that section (can't guarantee other threads but I'll keep this area cleaner - thanks)

andrew_
Reply #8 Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:42 AM

I think that's reasonable. However, we're going to need help from users like you to remind people of a post like that, and that when we say that we're working on something, we're not just pulling your leg

I'm eyes-deep in GUIChamps at the moment, but when that launches and I have some more time I will get a post like that started and do my best to keep that updated for both Wincustomize and the Forums.

Thanks for your support unclerob!

unclerob
Reply #9 Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:31 PM

I appreciate the reply back and the followup on this Andrew, thank you very much!!!

smartfox2
Reply #10 Tuesday, August 3, 2010 6:38 AM

Hi for all

My problem is with uploading of skin

all uploading process  pass fine but when try to search my skin

is missing from returned results

please help me

Jafo
Reply #11 Tuesday, August 3, 2010 7:51 AM

Hi for all

My problem is with uploading of skin

all uploading process pass fine but when try to search my skin

is missing from returned results

That will be normal.

Wincustomize.com has upload moderation which means what you submit will not be publicly available until it is checked by a moderator/s ....