Cannot download purchased dream

Thursday, May 29, 2008 by jonkjon1959 | Discussion: Stardock Support General

I cannot download the dream Red Giant by TheMasterBaron that i purchased along with The Political Machine 2008 on 5/23/2008. I know that The Political Machine 2008 is not yet available and i'm afraid that that the dream purchase was lumped in with it and it is being withheld until The Political Machine 2008 is available. I have sent several emails with the subject order number as well as opened a ticket for this and all i have received are auto replies that show all of my other registered software. I have not received any replies on the open ticket for two days.

The original confirmation email has no links for me to download the purchased dream.

ZubaZ
Reply #1 Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:25 PM
Official support is support@stardock.com
You might give them a try.  Stardock is not 24 hours and they might have a queue of users needing help.  Give it a few days for them to respond to your email.
ZubaZ
Reply #2 Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:28 PM
You can also try to retrieve your link here: https://www.wincustomize.com/myaccount.aspx?reg
DorkCoffeez
Reply #3 Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:31 PM
On your account I show Utopia Prime and Good Night Earth. I don't currently show a purchase for Red Giant. Please contact sales@stardock.com to clarify your purchase, more so if any changes need to be made.
ZubaZ
Reply #4 Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:46 PM
And if you used paypal it takes longer to process.
jonkjon1959
Reply #5 Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:54 PM
I have contacted sales@stardock.com with my order number from the email that they sent me after i made the purchase. i can post the order number here if i need to. How the heck am i supposed to get a reply email from them? This purchase is almost 1 week old! That's ridiculous!
BTW i didn't use paypal ...
kimk546
Reply #6 Friday, May 30, 2008 8:20 AM

If your order contained The Political Machine, it's been saved as a preorder, and has *not* been charged, nor will be until The Political Machine is released.  Please see my email reply from sales@stardock.com for advice and respond to the message so we can assist you with a resolution.

jonkjon1959
Reply #7 Friday, May 30, 2008 10:05 AM
Since my original suspicion was confirmed:

"I know that The Political Machine 2008 is not yet available and i'm afraid that that the dream purchase was lumped in with it and it is being withheld until The Political Machine 2008 is available"

This issue is, hopefully, resolved.

To prevent others from making this mistake, don't purchase anything that's "pre-release" along with anything that you want now. Even if it is available now, Stardock sales "is not able to charge and fulfill only party of your order". (The quote is accurate.)

Whew!
ZubaZ
Reply #8 Friday, May 30, 2008 10:36 AM
Good news . . (from a certain point of view).