Tuesday, April 29, 2008 by andrew_ | Discussion: WinCustomize Site Issues
While a lot of users are seeing periodic slowdowns on the forums, they remain faster than previous builds. This build should help to improve that. Our improvements to speed and functionality seem to be accompanied by an equal, and sometimes greater, increase in traffic. Stardock is growing by leaps and bounds this year, with no end in sight. We're still working towards a 0% slowdown, but it's a hard-fought battle.
- Announcement System - Admins can now post system-wide announcements which will appear at the top of every forum in the Stardock Network.
- Karma System - ('Thumbs Up' button in posts)
- Reporting System - Reporting system was added back in today. This system will undergo continual updates to improve it.
- Performance Updates - Changed a lot of data fetch and binding methods to execute asynchronously. Forum lists, Posts and the forum index.
- Several Administrative Updates.
- General Layout/Visual fixes.
- Improvements to the 'Get Last' or 'Last Read' autoforwarding.
- Addition of /get;### to post urls to forward user to exact reply on exact page of post. The 'Reply #X' labels on replies are now links using that format.
(Just a friendly reminder; Forum Update posts will be moderated with an iron fist. Please do not reply with feature requests or ask when/if features will be available or when/if bugs will be fixed. Thanks)
Please login to comment and/or vote for this skin.
Welcome Guest! Please take the time to register with us.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
- Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the forums and downloading skins.
- Access to a great community, with a massive database of many, many areas of interest.
- Access to contests & subscription offers like exclusive emails.
- It's simple, and FREE!