Cursor XP verses FX and the Wacom Pen Tablet

Vista and The Tablet PC Tools

Sunday, December 2, 2007 by ShelbyGT_The_Car | Discussion: OS Customization

For those not aware... There is a new Cursor program from Stardock in the works for the future.
We all hope it is done soon. I'm sure of that with myself using Vista OS and a Wacom Tablet.

With the current release of CursorXP
The Tablet PC Input Panel has a bug in it for what is called Tap-Tip.exe. Which is the Tablet PC Input Panel. Which if I choose to use CursorXP I get a rather high load on the system cpu.

Tap Tip

Is a very useful tool I have and use here for many purposes. I'm really hoping that the new CursorFX is going to address this problem.
WWW Link

If you don't have a Wacom Tablet. Then look them over and see what you think...
WWW Link
mike b1954
Reply #1 Sunday, December 2, 2007 3:52 PM
Just wondering ... I use XP not Vista .. ( too darn expensive in the uk )

... will Cursor FX be compatiable with Cursor XP .. and if I do upgrade to this when it is relaesed , will I loose my exixting Cursor XP collection ?

.. sorry for the noob question .. but I cant find enough info about this ..just need a little clarification ..
ZubaZ
Reply #2 Sunday, December 2, 2007 4:01 PM
Yes and no.
mike b1954
Reply #3 Sunday, December 2, 2007 4:12 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Zubaz !! ( hehe .. Just noticed a couple of typos in my post.. sorry about that !!! )
ZubaZ
Reply #4 Sunday, December 2, 2007 5:34 PM
hehe .. Just noticed a couple of typos in my post.. sorry about that
As if I, of all peopel, would notice or comment if I did.
ShelbyGT_The_Car
Reply #5 Sunday, December 2, 2007 9:21 PM
will I loose my existing Cursor XP collection ?

typo corrected...
it could happen... best thing would be to make a copy of your cursor theme folder as a backup. I'm sure there is gona be some kind of import tool involved and you will maybe have to import what you have. If you have it to import... so back that thing up!

SGT
Duke261
Reply #6 Monday, December 3, 2007 7:44 PM
Does anyone know when FX will be released as I'm running Vista on all my systems and Cursor XP won't work on Vista? I really miss my cursor program so I hope they hurry.