Program to automatically change .Dream wallpapers

Saturday, November 10, 2007 by Jamey Davis | Discussion: Animated Wallpapers

I was curious as to if there is a program available that would automatically change your .Dream backgrounds on some type of a schedule? (Example: every 30 minutes or so) I have so many great .Dreams downloaded that I find myself changing them myself all the time. I thought it might be cool to have a program or application that would automatically change them?

You could upload a folder that just has your favorite .Dreams in it? So if you just wanted 5 or 6 .Dreams to revolve you could, or if you wanted your entire collection to change, you could do that also. I just think the possibilities are endless...

Just a thought, I hope someone who is smarter than me has an idea or Stardock may already pursuing this type of idea?

Thanks in advance for anyone/everyones input...
TheMasterBaron
Reply #1 Saturday, November 10, 2007 6:04 PM
You mean something like this?

I wrote this about 6 months ago, but found that I didn't like switching often enough to warrant continual use. I like to have my dreams run for at least a week at a time. I guess I could have change the tool to include days.
Jamey Davis
Reply #2 Saturday, November 10, 2007 7:19 PM
That is PERFECT!!! I would at least like to change daily, but I would certainly take weekly. Is that program available?
ZubaZ
Reply #3 Saturday, November 10, 2007 7:43 PM
How high does the minutes field allow?

• 1 day = 1,440 minutes
  • 1 week = 10,080 minutes
mnftg64
Reply #4 Saturday, November 10, 2007 7:44 PM
Neat program and would be interested if "days" was included.

Although, I do find it a bit humorous and the video and dynamic dreams are enough... now we need to be able to have them change automatically to a completely different wallpaper.
TheMasterBaron
Reply #5 Saturday, November 10, 2007 7:57 PM
It only goes to 1440 minutes, but it would reset it's internal timers if the program is restarted. Basically its version .0000001 and it needs some work, but if your willing to try it in it's current form, I've uploaded it HERE.

Suggestions are welcome, but I have limited time to share between dream making and software coding

Master Baron
Jamey Davis
Reply #6 Saturday, November 10, 2007 8:06 PM
I downloaded it & when I do it says it's not a valid win32 application...am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance...
(I apologize for being such a newbie)
TheMasterBaron
Reply #7 Saturday, November 10, 2007 9:30 PM
I'm not sure, it written in c#, so make sure you have the latest Microsoft Foundation Classes. Are you running 32bit Vista?
Pugboy
Reply #8 Saturday, November 10, 2007 9:36 PM
It works without any errors. Make sure you have the .NET Framework installed (if it is written in Visual C#, and regular C# too I think...)
Jamey Davis
Reply #9 Sunday, November 11, 2007 8:14 PM
Yea, I am running 32bit Vista...I am going to try to install .Net Framework & see if that helps. I am not sure what the latest Microsoft Foundation classes are, but I will check into it.
Thanks everybody for being so helpful...
TheMasterBaron
Reply #10 Sunday, November 11, 2007 8:24 PM
Oopps, when I said Microsoft Foundation classes, I actually meant .NET (Thanks Pugboy for actually saying what I was thinking)
Jamey Davis
Reply #11 Sunday, November 11, 2007 9:49 PM
Well...I installed the latest .Net Framework, rebooted & still get the same error. I don't know what it could be? Any other suggestions?
Bichur
Reply #12 Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:32 PM
it's not a valid win32 application...

also an indication of a corrupt download

delete it and download again
if you used a download manager, either don't use one or switch to another
Jamey Davis
Reply #13 Monday, November 12, 2007 7:24 AM
That did it! Hard to believe it was something as simple as corrupt download... THANKS!
Thanks MasterBaron, this is exactly what I was looking for....THANK YOU!!!!
Anyone who has not tried this out needs to...it's a great application!
Bichur
Reply #14 Monday, November 12, 2007 9:44 AM
That did it!

Rabangus
Reply #15 Sunday, April 20, 2008 3:42 AM
This is excellent. One request though would be that it include video files (avi, mpg), as well as .dream. Is that possible?

I have just spent an hour searching the web for an app that will automatically change my video wallpapers, and this is the closest I have found.

Cheers
Rowan
zirconplus
Reply #16 Tuesday, April 22, 2008 3:58 AM
i m downolad it and no problem for me

TheMasterBaron
Reply #17 Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:27 AM

I haven't worked on the application is some time. If I do revisit the tool then I'll see if I can get it to support both dreams and videos.
tinstar_
Reply #18 Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:36 PM
Hey,
if you do revisit this app, throw in the ability for jpegs too - or at least the option for their inclusion.

Just because we have moving wallpapers, why should that mean we ignore high res pics - there are many great still images that are just as valid as backgrounds, and it adds variety to your app too.

Just a hopeful suggestion.

Thanks,
tinstar
theduk
Reply #19 Sunday, May 4, 2008 9:32 AM
Do you have it available for Download
ShelbyGT_The_Car
Reply #20 Sunday, May 4, 2008 11:30 AM
Do you have it available for Download

The download is here at this link
WWW Link

Nice small program Master Baron. Works fine here!
Thank you!!!