PM system CAPTCHA validation bug.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 by Cavan1 | Discussion: WinCustomize Site Issues

When sending PMs, I have notice that if the validation text is all letters it just returns with an error, if text is combo of letters and numbers it always works.
sViz
Reply #1 Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:14 PM
I get this problem all the time with the email system! But I never noticed the difference between all letters or a combination with numbers.
Fairyy~
Reply #2 Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:20 PM
All I noticed was if I pm a member - the validation goes through always on first shot.

If I pm Jafo..its always 2 to 3 validations...thats every time.

I know I put it in right so I assumed it was just a double safety for administration.
Cavan1
Reply #3 Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:31 PM
If I pm Jafo..its always 2 to 3 validations...thats every time.

Always twice for Jafo, but first seems to always be just letters.
Have had bug when PM other members.

Have PMed other mods/admin and had go thru first time if not all letters.

I always use upper case for letters, is it sometimes a mix or should all upper case work.
If it is a mix it is hard to tell. Although if a mix with just one number, I use upper case for all letters and it goes right thru.
sViz
Reply #4 Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:37 PM
I usually use all lower case. If it is for double security, why does it give an error message instead of a "Please enter again for security purposes" message?
Fairyy~
Reply #5 Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:37 PM
Have PMed other mods/admin and had go thru first time if not all letters.

I hadnt noticed the combination..I just assumed it was my lousy typing at times..
But its not just WC..those CAPTCHA's seem to always have to be repeated several times. I have one site that even has a voice button to click on to hear it and it still tells me im wrong.
Fairyy~
Reply #6 Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:39 PM

Well...who knows. I was just saying it only happens to me if I pm Jafo. I figured he gets more pms than God.
bilbo1930
Reply #7 Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:41 PM
me too...
first always say: "Please enter again for security purposes"
trying second, and all good
Cavan1
Reply #8 Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:42 PM
and it still tells me im wrong.

Smart site
Fairyy~
Reply #9 Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:44 PM
Smart site

Guess I need a hearing aide too eh ?
sViz
Reply #10 Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:50 PM
CAPTCHA's seem to always have to be repeated several times.

Now that I think of it, they do. I had to enter a code so many times on one file uploading site and it never verified. I gave up and just had to find a different site.
Bebi Bulma
Reply #11 Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:49 PM

me too...
first always say: "Please enter again for security purposes"
trying second, and all good

Same here. *EVERY* time the first attempt fails, second attempt seems to work.
Jafo
Reply #12 Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:57 AM
I figured he gets more pms than God

Not quite...but maybe close...

I kinda like the errors....makes life interesting.

No, it's not a double-check thing....it's simply an error in the system....but better than nothing at all....