Icons become jagged once saved

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 by DarkMist | Discussion: Icons

Ok i'm trying out some icons, I made one in PS and saved as a PNG and opened it in icon developer and Iconworkshop to see which was best etc and they look as they should, but once I save it as an icon all the edges become very rough and loose the smoothness, Its a circle icon so it ends up looking like a cog with all the straight edges...any help and ideas appreciated
Bichur
Reply #1 Wednesday, September 20, 2006 9:02 AM
what if you save as ico from ps then open that with icon developer?
kryo
Reply #2 Wednesday, September 20, 2006 2:15 PM
Did you save it as a true color PNG or as 256 color?
DarkMist
Reply #3 Wednesday, September 20, 2006 4:06 PM
Can't see any option to save as an ico from PS, and again all I get is save as PNG no idea if its true colour or 256, there may be options for these but I have never come across them
Koasati
Reply #4 Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:09 PM
DM... if you want, send me a couple of the PNG's, and I'll see if I can figure out what's going wrong. koasati[at]wincustomize.com
DarkMist
Reply #5 Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:35 PM
Thank you Koasati, have sent 2 trial ones including the circular one I have problems with
DarkMist
Reply #6 Thursday, September 21, 2006 3:47 AM
Ok I didn't realise there was a plug in for PS to save as an ICO file, it seems to work however I still have problems trying to save as different sizes in IconWorkshop, It only seems to want to save as 16x16 and thats it, I must be doing something wrong somewhere