I did a presentation on GUI's!!!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 by joeKnowledge | Discussion: OS Customization

Just to let you guys know, I did a presentation on the history of the GUI and I definiatly did mention Stardock a few times toward the end and even presented this website to the class.

The next time I present GUI's will be for my presentation at Copper Union (NYC... its part of a small business workshop graduation)!

I going into the business of technology consulting and web development (turning dreams into reality... HA!). Of course I am including skinning because of its ability to change how you interface with the computer. I mean who can resist having a website and a skin that matches? How about using your sites API's to have a really cool widget for users? LOL Not me that's for sure.

Me and Stardock are gonna be friends. More than 4 years in the making mind you. I think Stardock is the only company that I know that if I install one of their programs and it doesn't work, there is a LARGE possibility that my system has something wrong with it before I tried to install the app. I never seen a software maker make such good software that you can use it to test a computer to see if its working or not. WindowBlinds is a good benchmark to see if something is wrong with your computer. Amazing, isn't it?

Anyway, after I have my next presentation, I'll share what happened here and how many ohh's and ahh's I get.
ZubaZ
Reply #1 Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:53 AM
Could you post your notes or other presentation materials? I'd be interested in seeing what you came up with.

Posted via WinCustomize Browser/Stardock Central
Adamness
Reply #2 Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:32 PM
I second what Zubaz said.
seldomseen
Reply #3 Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:06 PM
Got my attention!
Lantec
Reply #4 Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:48 AM

I have to agree. More often than not when someone posts saying "Windowblinds Killed My Computer" it ends up that there was already a problem and having WB installed just made it come to the surface.

Good luck with your chosen profession!
joeKnowledge
Reply #5 Monday, May 1, 2006 8:06 PM
Wow! Cool. Thanks for all the thumbs up!

I think I can post it this weekend. I am as busy as a beaver getting ready for my a+ exams as well as my final presentation on my business concept in June.

As a little bonus, I'll through in my proposal for my school's website (where i am doing my internship and studies) of which also includes using skins and desktop customization to create interactivity between students.

How you like that! If my school excepts the pre-proposal I think it will be the first educational business (that I know of) to actually use skins as part of how they operate.
joeKnowledge
Reply #6 Tuesday, May 9, 2006 1:04 AM
Here it is.
A small look at the history of GUI's:
seldomseen