Custom Plus/Minus Indicators for ObjectDock

How to get'em to work?

Sunday, November 16, 2008 by hallv5 | Discussion: Docks

How do you get custom plus/minus indicators to show on backgrounds?  All I can manage is the std plus/minus included in the main ObjectDock dir.  Tnx in advance for the help...

WebGizmos
Reply #1 Sunday, November 16, 2008 3:48 PM

All your tabbed docks (actually...all your docks) should be placed in the Programs/Stardock/Objectdock/backgrounds folder in order for the custom Plus/Minus images to work. In addition, you can delete all the Objectdock folders that were placed in your "My Documents" folder because they really aren't neccessary and won't effect the function of your docks in any way.

hallv5
Reply #2 Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:34 PM

OK. so you shouldn't use the 'non-tabbed', 'tabbed', 'tabbed only' , and 'tiled' folders that are automatically setup by ObjectDock on installation?

Will give it a try.  Tnx much WebGizmos!!!

WebGizmos
Reply #3 Monday, November 17, 2008 3:30 AM

You can if you want...but they are only useful for when someone actually uses the .dockzip method of packaging docks. Otherwise you can just delete them. I've gotten rid of them a long time ago just because I don't like these kind of files getting spread all over. If you should encounter a .dockzip file...even if you have deleted the folders needed for them they will be created again from what I've seen so far. If that happens...just open the folder it ceated and move all the folders to the one mentioned in my first reply. All the 'non-tabbed', 'tabbed', 'tabbed only' , and 'tiled' folders that are automatically setup by ObjectDock will work fine if you place them all in the backgrounds folder mentioned.

hallv5
Reply #4 Monday, November 17, 2008 5:48 AM

Stuck the plus/minus images in their own folder in the ObjectDock\Backgrounds folder.  Like a charm, it worked!!!  Thanks much.  Will also move all the tabbed/etc stuff as you suggested.  You da Man!!!

WebGizmos
Reply #5 Monday, November 17, 2008 2:01 PM

All you need to do is place the entire folder for each dock in the backgrounds folder because each dock has its own Plus/Minus image...at least mine do...so they need to be in the same folder as the actual dock background your using.

hallv5
Reply #6 Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:33 AM

That was the odd thing.  I had the plus/minus in the same folder as the actual dock, but not in the primary 'background' folder.  They weren't added to the dock in that case, but if I moved either the actual dock folder, or just the plus/minus in their own folder named the same as the actual dock, into the primary 'background' folder they did work.  Must just be a quirk with ObjectDock....

Thanks for the help.  Greatly appreciated...

WebGizmos
Reply #7 Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:53 AM

No problem Hallv5. Any time ya need help just let me know! Just click on my nick and you can either pm me or send me an email.

And another thing you can do is replace the default Plus/Minus images with the Plus/Minus images of your choice by just copying & pasting them into the OD folder...then you would have the same Plus/Minus images for any dock you used if you wanted to do that as well. But if you open just about any of my dock folders you'll see the Plus/Minus images in there...each tabbed dock has a set.

hallv5
Reply #8 Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:14 PM

Yeah, I've noticed you've got custom ones for each.  Just not quite that talented here yet though...

Workin' on it slow, but sure.  Will get there one of these days...

Mirsguy
Reply #9 Monday, November 24, 2008 10:09 PM

I have never been able to get this to work, before today, that is.

WG, I tried your suggestion, and for some reason, it didn't work for me.

I have always preferred to have my docks in the Documents/Stardock/Objectdock folder. Even with having my backgrounds there, as long as i place the +/- images in "C:\Program Files\Stardock\ObjectDock", everything works fine!

WebGizmos
Reply #10 Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:13 PM

Mirsguy...open one of my most recent tabbed docks and see where all the images are.....then look in the .ini.....scroll to the very bottom and see if you have that code written in...if not...add that and make sure that your dock name is the same in the extra images code. If you have all that in there and place them in the Programs/Stardock/Objectdock/backgrounds folder they should all work. I keep mine all in that folder because thats where they've always been for me and I don't like having stuff spread out all over my pc.

messiah1
Reply #11 Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:30 PM

Yeah rookie.

Mirsguy
Reply #12 Wednesday, November 26, 2008 11:08 PM

Yeah rookie.

Who's a rookie, wookie?

messiah1
Reply #13 Wednesday, November 26, 2008 11:14 PM

Who's a rookie, wookie?

uh, you seem to have me confused with a large, sasquatch looking mofo.  I speak, they gurgle...etc. etc.

ZubaZ
Reply #14 Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:53 AM

"Will somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?" --Princess Leia

You look like a wookie to me monkeyface.

messiah1
Reply #15 Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:00 AM

You look like a wookie to me monkeyface

And you are SO wearing those cinnamon buns...

WebGizmos
Reply #16 Thursday, November 27, 2008 5:24 AM

You look like a wookie to me monkeyface.

And you are SO wearing those cinnamon buns...

Mirsguy