Winstep Nexus dock, Nexus Ultimate and Winstep Xtreme v19.2 released!

And Winstep is celebrating its 20th anniversary, so check out the new prices!

Friday, March 1, 2019 by JcRabbit | Discussion: OS Customization

Windows 10 Ready The Winstep Nexus dock is a free dock for Windows. Nexus has everything you’d expect from a dock, including widgets, skins, drag-and-drop support, plus many others exclusive to it such as live icon reflections, over 30 different mouse-over effects, in-dock system tray, built-in support for animated icons, full Windows 10 UWP app support, multi-monitor and high DPI support and much more.

Completely customizable, with thousands of different backgrounds freely available online, Nexus is fully compatible with skins for all 3rd party docks.

Nexus Ultimate is the commercial version of the free Nexus dock, adding support for multiple docks, categorized sub-docks, multiple tabbed docks (Shelves), Grid Stacks, Drawers (dock + single tabbed Shelf hybrid) plus even more widgets and cool looking mouseover effects.

Supported Languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, Farsi (Persian), Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brasil), Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish.

Nexus, Nexus Ultimate and Winstep Xtreme run on the 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8.x and Windows 10.

To celebrate our 20 years (still can't believe it's been that long!) for a limited period of time Nexus Ultimate will cost $17.95 and the full version of Winstep Xtreme only $29.95. The price reductions extend to upgrade renewals as well as new purchases, so enjoy it while it lasts!

100% Windows 10 compatible with full UWP (Universal) app support.

Grid Stacks.

Unlimited number of Shelves (tabbed docks) and Drawers.

Over 30 amazing mouse over, attention, launch and delete effects!

Built-in battery, calendar, clock, cpu, email, moon, net, ram, recycler, wanda and weather modules/widgets.

Built in support for system tray icons plus running applications with live window preview thumbnails

80+ built-in docklets such as a compact media player, alarm manager, sleep timer, language bar, cd control, GeoIP location, screen capture....

...and much, much more!

More Information:

Winstep Web Site:

More information about Nexus/Nexus Ultimate:

More information about Winstep Xtreme:

Reply #1 Friday, March 1, 2019 3:07 AM

It's about time, you slacker!

Looks great, Jorge!

JcRabbit
Reply #2 Friday, March 1, 2019 3:21 AM

Ahah, thanks, Doc!

WebGizmos
Reply #3 Friday, March 1, 2019 4:31 AM

Uvah
Reply #4 Friday, March 1, 2019 4:34 AM

Ha! Beat ya to it. I got the update a couple weeks ago. Did the update then a couple few days later the update dialogue came back with the same update. I told it to remind me in a month.

JcRabbit
Reply #5 Friday, March 1, 2019 10:44 AM

Thanks, Webbie!

LOL. You were getting the betas because you have 'Notify me of beta (test) versions' enabled in the Advanced tab of Preferences - and it NEVER is the exact same update: although the version number is the same, the build number is not.

don5318
Reply #6 Friday, March 1, 2019 11:39 AM

Congrats Jorge! Great product!

RedneckDude
Reply #7 Friday, March 1, 2019 12:52 PM

I love it! And I haven't forgotten to upload my themes at your new gallery, just been busy!

Happy Anniversary! I hope it's Xtremely good going forward!

Uvah
Reply #8 Friday, March 1, 2019 1:48 PM

JcRabbit

Thanks, Webbie!

Quoting Uvah,

I knew that.

JcRabbit
Reply #9 Saturday, March 2, 2019 1:40 AM

Thanks, guys!

JcRabbit
Reply #10 Monday, March 4, 2019 3:37 PM

Just a small heads up: Yahoo also made changes to their weather feed at the end of January that broke existing applications/websites using it. Although very rarely used by the Winstep application - if ever - that is one less backup feed that can be relied on.

EDIT: they just white-listed Winstep applications to use the new feed. Of course, now I must change the code to use their OAuth1 authentication in order for it to work again. Sigh. Why can't they just leave it alone?!

Uvah
Reply #11 Monday, March 4, 2019 5:20 PM

JcRabbit

Why can't they just leave it alone?!

Because that would make sense.

JcRabbit
Reply #12 Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:28 AM

Just uploaded a public beta of Winstep Xtreme and Nexus Ultimate v19.4 (to get it you must enable 'Notify me of beta (test) versions' in the Advanced tab of Preferences).

Full list of changes and fixes can be seen by clicking the version number in the top right corner of the About tab in Preferences and then clicking the Change Log button.

This beta, among other things, fixes the temporary folder Grid Stacks opening as a 1x1 icon Grid Stack, and adds compatibility with ObjectDock tabbed dock skins. Would really appreciate feedback on the latter as I only tested this with a handful of ObjectDock themes.

Needless to say, the ObjectDock skin must first be imported into the application via the Import button in the Themes tab.

To apply ObjectDock tabbed dock skins from the Themes tab of Preferences to *all* Shelves, Grid Stacks and Drawers at once, you must change the top left combo box from 'Winstep Themes' to 'Shelf Themes' - only then will the 3rd party themes be shown (same thing already happens with docks, you must change the combo box from 'Winstep Themes' to 'Dock Themes' to see the non-Winstep dock themes). Notice that only OD themes that explicitly skin tabbed docks will be shown.

Uvah
Reply #13 Thursday, April 4, 2019 11:51 AM

Ooookay.

So as I'm typing this reply it pops up on mine screen. Go figure. Lol

JcRabbit
Reply #14 Thursday, April 4, 2019 11:59 AM

There are no coincidences lol

Uvah
Reply #15 Thursday, April 4, 2019 1:42 PM

You did that on purpose. I saw it.

ALMonty
Reply #16 Thursday, April 4, 2019 5:40 PM

You are the man! I just imported some OD themes. It works perfect.

Umm...You are a man, right?

Uvah
Reply #17 Thursday, April 4, 2019 5:49 PM

ALMonty

Umm...You are a man, right?

ALMonty
Reply #18 Thursday, April 4, 2019 6:02 PM

I was on a car forum talking to someone named Jesse. After 6 months I found she was a girl. I called her "he" and she corrected me and told me she was a female. She knew a lot about cars.

ALMonty
Reply #19 Thursday, April 4, 2019 6:29 PM

One thing I did find, when you import a theme you can't grab a side to make it longer. The problem is the fonts in the tabs don't adjust, so if it says Programs I get Pro.. Even setting the fonts to the smallest which is 8 I still get the same thing.

JcRabbit
Reply #20 Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:11 PM

ALMonty
Umm...You are a man, right?

LOL! Yeah, I'm a 6"2 guy.

ALMonty

Screenshot and name of the theme, please?