Xymantix releases Xoomer 1.0

Friday, October 3, 2003 by Xymantix | Discussion: WinCustomize News

Yes, I know there are a half a dozen different and even skinnable programs that offer some of the same basic features. However, I never found one that I really liked because many times the programs didn´t do exactly what I wanted and were too restrictive. What I really wanted was a program that was resizable, ´always on´, easily supported multiple zoom levels, and could show RGB and HEX color info at a glance. Xoomer is the result of this. It's not skinnable, but it´s very handy for skinners.

Features include:

- Various magnification factors from 1/2 up to 30x
- Smart Update feature to only update the display when the mouse is moved
- Normal or Always On Top mode
- Fully resizable - make it as big or as small as you need
- Current mouse position is displayed in X and Y coordinates
- Current pixel is outlined in a red rectangle for easy placement
- Current pixel color is shown in RGB and HEX
- Bottom band displays the current pixel color in a larger area
- Right-click menu allows easy zooming and configuration
- The +/- keyboard keys can also be used to make it zoom in and out
- No risk install: the uninstaller removes everything - files, directory, registry entries

BruB
Reply #1 Friday, October 3, 2003 10:43 PM
I think I said that on Skinbase, but, i'll share it here also. Great little apps. too bad it's not skinnable thanks Xym!
mrbiotech
Reply #2 Friday, October 3, 2003 11:17 PM
THE most full-featured zoomer. The resizability of this justifies its use alone!
8-bitBear
Reply #3 Saturday, October 4, 2003 3:43 AM
Great little program, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to "lock" a certain position/color. If I move the mouse, I lose my selected position/color.

pinchecl
Reply #4 Saturday, October 4, 2003 9:08 AM
Nice little proggie nick, very usable, pity it's not skinnable tnx
werewolf
Reply #5 Saturday, October 4, 2003 2:37 PM
this is really neat/handy. Could we get a way to lock the colors or use copy/paste? Thanks for sharing this
Xymantix
Reply #6 Saturday, October 4, 2003 4:28 PM
Yeah, I hadn't thought of the lock before, but that's a good idea. The copy/paste would be another nice addition. Looks like there will be a 1.1 soon!
gef
Reply #7 Sunday, October 5, 2003 9:21 AM
Skinable would be good.
Xymantix
Reply #8 Sunday, October 5, 2003 1:41 PM
Ok, it's still not skinnable, but there's a 1.1 version now that added the ability to pause/resume screen updates and copy the color information to the clipboard. Thanks for all of the suggestions!
watchitman
Reply #9 Monday, October 6, 2003 2:35 AM
How do I download it?
Xymantix
Reply #10 Monday, October 6, 2003 1:24 PM
Just goto the link mentioned in the top post under "Visit Now!"